12 | sleepless night

It's pretty hard to sleep knowing that Gabriella is in the room right next to mine

     It's pretty hard to sleep knowing that Gabriella is in the room right next to mine. Maybe it wasn't the best move to put her in this room, but I like to know that's she's not far.

I have never saw this evening happening, but honestly I think it went pretty well. At first I was really nervous about Gabriella seeing my sister. Not because I'm ashamed of her, I just want to protect her from possible bad reaction. No one saw her after...the accident. Even Brady has not seen her and he was like a second brother to her.

The accident happened a year ago. Since then, she has not been able to walk. The doctors said that she will eventually walk again, that her disability was more a traumatic respond than a physical disability. But she should have walked again by now...

I look at the time on my phone, two am, seems like I won't sleep tonight either. Since last year I have been dealing with insomnia. My anxiety keeps me from the comfort of sleeping. My mind is thinking 24/7. I just want to spend a day with my brain shut down.

I overthink every thing I do or say, it's exhausting. It's like there is always a little voice screaming inside my head and argue with every decision I take.

I get up and go downstairs to drink a little, usually that helps me fall asleep.

Once in the kitchen I pour myself a glass of water and contemplate taking my sleeping pills. I don't really like taking them because they just make me feel bad and only increase the voices and reproaches.

As I drink my water, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "Zoe?" I ask and go over the stairs to help her. She shouldn't take the stairs alone.

"Oh, no don't worry it's just me." A sweet voice I'm starting to know all too well says.

Gabriella.

"Having trouble sleeping Princesse?" I say and go back in the kitchen, Gabriella behind me.

"A little," she admits, "You?"

"A little."

She sits down on a chair at the counter and I pour her a glass of water as well. I take a good look at her, her curly hair is a mess and her eyes, which are usually big and bright, are small and surrounded by dark circles.

"What's on your mind?" She questions.

That's a good question, what's on my mind ? Nothing. Everything.

"Nothing, I'm just having some insomnia sometimes." I answer truthfully.

"Oh I'm sorry. When my dad first died it was impossible for me to sleep. There are some nights where I still can't sleep properly." She confess.