13 | geteway car (gabriella's version)

I kissed Nicolas

     I kissed Nicolas. Nicolas and I kissed. What the fuck?

A week have gone by since the kiss and I just don't know how to process it. I kind of been avoiding Nicolas at school this week, but boy had that been hard. The guy is everywhere !

I know he wants to talk to me but I don't want to have that conversation yet. I don't want to lose him because I really like the time we spend together and I don't want a kiss to ruin that.

So for the last week I haven't seen Nicolas except when we are with the others because I know he won't bring it up if they are around. No one knows about it.

I look in the mirror and frown at my reflection. I am getting ready because we are going to a kind of beach party but I have no idea how to dress.

I take off the hot pink dress that I was wearing and try something less catchy. I put on a embroidered skirt and matching top that has some flower design on.

I think this will do. I put on my sneakers and get my bag before leaving my bedroom. As I open my door a deep voice echoes in the house. Did mom have a guest ? I slowly make my way toward the living room and the scene taking place in front of me almost sends me into coma.

Why in God's name is Nicolas in my living room? Joking with my mom..?

None of them has seen me yet, I still have a chance to exit without them noticing me. No way I'm taking to him, even less in front of my mom.

"Gabriella, finally, we were starting to get worried" Stupid Nicolas says.

I internally groan and turn on my heels to face them.

"When were you going to introduce me your friend, Gabriella?" Mom asks smiling.

"Mom, Nicolas, Nicolas, my mom. Done." I say waving my hands between the two of them as an introduction. "Why are you here ? Mallory is going to be here in five minutes." I add looking at Nicolas.

He looks really fine tonight, with his linen blue shorts and white t-shirt.

He catches my eyes on him and grin a little. "Yeah, Mallory can't come. I've texted you to tell you."

"I can go with Alex and Brady." I cross my arms around my chest.

"They don't live in the neighborhood, they'll have to take a detour."

"You don't live in the neighborhood either." I retort.

"Come on, Princesse, we're gonna be late." Nicolas says grabbing my purse and going to the front door.

I look at mom with round eyes, how can she let him do that without saying anything?

I have my answer soon enough when she mouths, while Nicolas isn't looking, "He is fine.", faking a gasp.