2.

Zayn paced the kitchen. Is the affair still going on he wondered? Who was L? Someone he knew? Was it one of Harry's snobbish work friends? When did it start?

They were happy. He is happy. Does it mean Harry wasn't happy? He didn't look unhappy.

Could Harry's old messages provide an insight to the endless questions?

Looking at old messages was a bad idea. They would forever be imprinted on his brain. Literally. He had a photographic memory.

But he wanted to know what Harry thought of him. At 20, Zayn had been a sugar baby to a rich married man who was drunk in love with him and would talk shit about his wife. Drunk words, sober thoughts isn't it?

Could Harry have lost his inhibitions when texting his secret lover and spilled tea? There was only one way Zayn could find out. He wiped his tears and scrolled down the messages. He wasn't prepared. He clasped a hand over his mouth not to make a sound and scream.

Harry started exchanging messages with the person L six months ago. They started from just chatting to flirty to filthy sexting.

L: Just trying if this number is real. Are you a bot?

Harry: Not a bot. I'm real.

L: Been building up courage to text. How's that for ice breaker?

Harry: 8 out of ten. Hello.

L: Hi. It was nice meeting you last week Harry.

Harry: Nice meeting you. Sorry if I was abrupt when you came to say hi. I was preoccupied.

L: You made up for it giving me your number. No need for apologies I could tell something was bothering you. That's why I came to say hi.

Harry: Thanks for the lovely chat. Greatly needed.

L: The broody look you had on your face made you more handsome I wanted to take you home but then you looked so down cheering you up became priority. Work issues?

Harry: Thanks for the compliment. You look handsome too. It's not work, home issues.

L: You're married so you said. Trouble in paradise?

Harry: Zayn pays the kids more attention than me. It's like I'm not there. I get a plate of food. Then he turns his back on me fusses over the kids. Or the dog. He doesn't have time for me anymore. Its like, do I exist in his world.

L: Condolences. Is that his name? Zayn? Tried talking to him?

Harry: Talking? You're serious, right? He talks with Justin his friend more than me.

L: Something going on with them? Are they friends or more?

Harry: That wouldn't surprise me. Zayn has this thing where he won't answer the phone if he's doing something else at the time. It's like the call has to wait, what's if it's important what kind of an impractical rule is that? When Justin calls that doesn't apply he answers. Not even putting it on speaker. He'll be balancing the phone on his shoulder. You know many times he's dropped the phone doing that?

L: How many?

Harry: You don't wanna know. And when later in bed I come close to him it's like he is tired. Doing what? The house is a mess. He orders out more than cook. He's stopped putting the effort.

L: There's some people who would be chasing after what they want, be pleasing, give it their best. Once they got it it's like, why bother? Perhaps that's his mentality. He's got you. The ring. The house. You're providing for him.