Chapter 2

Alison's P.O.V.

I've been living on Midgard for the last 5 years with the Strome family. Uncle Thor did his best to come and visit me, but it's always been very far and in between. "Ali! Let's go! Dylan's game is starting soon" I heard Chris yell from the bottom of the stairs "coming!" I yelled as I ran out of my room and down the stairs all while trying to put my hair up in a pony tail. Once we were all in the car, we started making our way to the arena. "So are you excited for tonight?" I asked as I looked over at Dylan "yeah, it's the first game of the season" he smiled over at me.

By the second intermission, Dylan's team was up 2-0. Matthew and I were in line to get some food when we're were approached by a red headed woman and a man in a purple shirt "hi, by any chance are you Alison?" The lady asked "yeah, why?" I ask cautiously, turning my attention towards her and the man "my name is Natasha Romminoff, and this is Dr. Bruce Banner, we're here on behalf of SHEILD" she said, putting her arms behind her back "ok, and what does SHEILD want with me? And most importantly, what is SHEILD?" I asked "this isn't really the place to talk about it, would you mind coming to a more privet area to talk?" Dr. Banner asked "ok, only if Matthew can come to" I said, they gave each other a look before looking back at us "if it'll make you feel better" she sighed and started walking away, I looked at Matthew and shrugged my shoulders before we started following them to an empty hallway.

"So what's going on here?" I asked as we stopped "do you remember anything from your childhood before you were placed with the Strome family?" Dr. Banner asked "not much, all I really remember is that I'm not from here and that I have an uncle. I don't remember his name but I know that he's tall, blonde and strong" I lied, hoping that I wasn't about to be tracked down by a bunch of people. "Well, you're right on both of those parts. You're not from here, you're from a planet called Asgard. Your uncle's name is Thor, he's the one who brought you here when you were younger. Now have you ever been able to do anything unexplainable?" Nat asked, I thought about for a minute and remembered a time when I was 10 and I made green flames come out of my hands. "Yeah, only once. But what does this have to do with S.H.E.I.L.D.?" I asked, clearly confused "this has to do with the fact that you're the daughter of a god who is going to be attacking earth within the next few months and we're going to need your help on trying to find him and figure this out" Natasha told me "what do you mean you need my help? I don't even remember who my father is and you guys want me to stand with you and fight him?" I said, once again lying about remembering who my family was. "I know it's a lot to take in right now. But could you at least come and try?" Dr. Banner asked nicely, I looked over at Matthew "what do I tell your mom and dad?" I asked him "I'll tell them that you forgot about a school project and that you went over to your friends place to finish it, that should give you about 3 days to get away" he said with a small smile "this is why you're my favourite" I smiled and gave him a hug.

I watched as Matthew as he started walking away to watch the rest of Dylan's game. "Ok Alison, if you'd like to just follow us" Natasha said, sticking her hand out to lead me towards the exit. We walked for a few minutes before we came up to a jet that looked really familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. After flying for about an hour we pulled up to an even bigger jet that also looked really familiar but again, I couldn't put my finger on it. Natasha, Dr. Banner and I made our way off the jet and walked into a bigger room with a bunch of computers and had a large desk in the middle "thank you Natasha, Dr. Banner" a man with an eye patch said as they walked over to the desk "hello Alison, welcome back" he said "ah, eye patch! Now I remember this place" I said with a big smile "Fury. Natasha and Dr. Banner brought you up to speed on our current situation?" He asked as he shook my hand "yeah, they explained on the way here" I told him "ok, good. Now I'd like you to go with Dr. Banner so he can run some test on you, just to see what we're working with here" he said, pointing to Dr. Banner. I nodded my head and followed Dr. Banner to his lab.

"Your heart rate seems a little higher then what's normal, but the rest of your vitals seem normal" Dr. Banner told me as he took his stethoscope out of his ears "that's good" I said with a small sense of accomplishment "it is, now I'm going to have you try a few different things to see how exactly your powers work" he said as he started setting up a few things. I nodded my head and followed his directions.

The next 2 days felt like an eternity because both days had been full of testing and figuring out what my powers were and how exactly they work. Most of it was repetitive stuff, trying to help me gain some control over it all. At this point I was just ready to get home, see the family and sleep in my own bed again. Since I was going back home this afternoon Fury gave me an ear piece so I can hear everyone wince the battle starts and gave me what almost looked like a pager so I knew when I was needed and to see if they needed me on the helicarrier for some training. Fury also told me that I need to be practicing with my powers, trying to get them under control and some what useful for when they're actually needed.

Later that afternoon I was dropped off in the same field that uncle Thor dropped me off in all those years ago. I walked for a few minutes before walking up to the house. "I'm home!" I yelled when I walked through the door. "Hey honey! How's the project going?" Chris asked "good, we finished it about an hour ago" I told him. As I was talking to him I saw Matthew out of the corner of my eye, he gave me a look that said 'we need to talk later' I smiled and nodded my head slightly before putting my bag of clothes down and walking over to the couch to sit beside him.

These last few days have definitely been crazy and I'm just happy to be home again.

(A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to like, comment what you think and share! Also this chapter takes place in 2012)