Chapter 6

Alison's P.O.V.

"What do you mean there's going to be a ball in my name?" I asked grandma in a stressed tone, I've never been a fan of parties and they've always stressed me out a little bit and having one in my name just sends my stress and anxiety through the roof. "This is a ball to celebrate your safe return to Asgard, it's not going to be that bad" grandma told me, I looked over at dad who was sitting on my bed, resting against my head bored "did you know about this?" I asked him "I thought it was just going to be a small get together, a few friends and some family, not a ball with hundreds of people" he told me in an honest tone. "I don't like parties, and I hate when they're directed towards me, I really hate being the centre of attention grandma" I told her, really stressing out at this point. "I'm really sorry honey, but this is your grand fathers idea. There's no talking him out of it, the plans are already in motion and the party is going to be happening in 3 days" she told me before getting up and walking out of my room. "This isn't fair, I don't want this" I told dad after a few seconds of silence "I know you don't honey, I'm really sorry. I know that you'd rather just have a quiet night, but with being a part of this family you've gotta do some things you're not comfortable with, like going to balls and parties" he told me as he got up and made his way over to give me a hug. I sighed and hugged him back as hard as I could. The next couple of days were busy with a bunch of servants running around and getting everything ready for the hall that is happening tonight.

I woke up the morning of the ball, which also happened to be on my 13th birthday, I highly doubt anyone would remember that today was my birthday. I laid in bed quietly for a few minutes before my bedroom door flew open and dad and uncle Thor came running in "happy birthday princess" they both yelled as they started jumping on my bed. I started laughing like crazy, happy at the fact that they were acting this crazy and that they remembered my birthday. "You guys remembered" I said happily "of course we did! Did you really think we would forget our favourite girls birthday?" Uncle Thor asked as he put his hand over his heart, fake shocked at the fact that I thought they wouldn't remember. I laughed lightly before sitting up and giving the both of them a hug.

I got up out of bed and made my way to my bathroom, quickly doing my business and then getting changed into a dress that Jasmine left out for me the night before. "Ready?" Dad asked as I came out of the bathroom "yep! I'm starving" I told him, the three of us left my room and then made our way to the dining hall for breakfast.

"What do you want to do today before we have to go to the ball?" Dad questioned before taking a bite of his toast "I don't know, can we go walking around the village a little bit?" I asked before taking a bite of my fruit "of course" he smiled. We quickly finished our breakfast and then made our way outside of the castle to walk around the village.

Dad and I walked around the village for a little while before it was time for us to head back and start getting ready for the ball. I made my way to my room and Jasmine was already there waiting for me to return. "Welcome back you majesty, how was your walk?" She asked after she bowed her head "thank you, it was really nice. And how many times have I told you to just call me Alison?" I lightly joked "right, sorry" she laughed as well "now let's get you ready for tonight" she added before she started helping me get ready for the night.

Eventually I was done getting ready and it was now time for me to head down to the throne room for the ball. "You look absolutely beautiful, princess" dad smiled as he came into my room to bring me to the throne room "thank you, you look very handsome" I smiled back "now, do you remember everything your grandmother and I have taught you these last few days?" He asked "of course" I told him, after walking down the stairs and through a few hallways we made our way to the big golden doors of the throne room. "Are you ready my dear?" Dad asked once we stopped "not really, but I don't have a choice in this" I chuckled "you'll be fine, I'll see you in there, ok" he said before he walked through the small side entrance and signalled to grandpa that I was ready. A few seconds later the large doors opened and I start making my way towards where the family was standing next to the throne. "After many years away, I would like to reintroduce you all to my granddaughter, Alison Lokidottir" grandpas voice boomed through the whole throne room. Everybody started clapping as I continued to make my way towards the family. I finally made my way to the very end and I stood right next to grandpa like I was told to "today is an extremely important day, on this day 13 years ago this lovely you princess was born, so along with the celebration of her return, it's a celebration of her birth" he added with a large smile. Everybody clapped again before spreading out, signalling the start of the party. I quickly made my way down the few little steps and right over to dad "I really don't like this" I stated just loud enough for only him to hear "I know, I know. I'm sorry, I know that this is a lot to deal with" he told me before kissing my forehead "just stick with me for the rest of the night, ok" he told me, still seeing that I was really stressed out "ok" I smiled lightly.

The party and music kept going late into the night. But it was only 9:30, I'm usually in bed by now so that's why I consider it late. "I'll be right back, I'm just going to get us something to drink" dad told me, I looked at him with wide eyes "it'll be ok, I'll be right back" he told me, lightly patting my cheek before walking away. I slowly moved to a quieter part of the throne room so I could avoid people coming up and talking to me. Unfortunately, someone saw that I was alone and took the opportunity to came over and started talking to me. "Hello Alison, welcome back and happy birthday" she smiled "hello, and thank you. It's nice to be home again" I told her "no doubt, five years is a long time" she continued, I looked over at whee dad was standing and we made eye contact. I used my telepathy to try and talk to him "I need you to get me out of here now before I have a panic attack and start crying" before I looked back at the lady who was still talking to me. He nodded his head before quickly making his way over to me "I'm sorry to interrupt, but would it be ok if I took her from you?" Dad asked nicely as he handed me my cup of juice "of course, your majesty. It was lovely talking with you Alison" she smile "you too" I said with a forced smile "come on, let's go" dad said as he lead me out of the throne room and brought me to the garden for some fresh air. We found a bench and sat down "I don't ever want to do that again" I told him after I finished my drink and there was a few min of silence "don't worry, there won't be another one of these for a long time" he told me as he pulled me into his side and gave me a hug "good. That was horrid. So many people were hugging me and talking about things that I didn't understand" I told him.

Dad and I spent the next hour sitting in the garden away from everybody when grandma found us. "Now what is going on here?" She chuckled as she made her way over to the bot of us "it was getting to be to much in there for Alison, so I brought her out here" dad told her with a small smile "alright, don't stay up all night out here, do you understand me" she asked the both of us "yes mom" dad said "yes grandma" I smiled at her, watching her walk away.

(A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to like, comment and share!)