𝘽𝙖𝙗𝙮𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜

You were sitting on the front porch, reading again.  You could hear your parents screaming at each other from inside, and did your best to ignore it.  Not your circus, not your monkeys.  You could hear footsteps approaching you from the street.  You looked up nervously, half expecting to see Marko or Paul.  Every day this week, when you tried to leave the store to go home or hang out on the boardwalk, they'd be standing there.  And when you tried to go out the back one day, they quickly caught you.  Who's to say they hadn't found your house as well?

Luckily for you, Michael was approaching you instead.  He had on a pair of sunglasses, and his head was dipped down so you couldn't really see his face.  He seemed hesitant as he approached you, and you lowered your book to see what he needed.

"Hi," you greeted.

"Hey," he replied.  "Are you doing anything later?"

"No, why?"

"My mom's got a date, and I'm stuck watching Sam.  I was wondering if you'd like to come over...?"

"Sure!  You're brother's really sweet," you stated.

As if choreographed, as soon as you agreed, you and Michael watched as Lucy pulled out of the Emerson's driveway.  You picked up your book and stood up, and Michael led you towards his grandpa's house.  Speaking of which...

"Why are we babysitting your brother," you questioned.  "Where's your grandpa?"

"Oh, he's got a date with Ms. Johnson," Michael told you.

"The widow down the street?"

"That's the one."

As you two walked inside, you were greeted by Nanook jumping on you, happily sniffing and licking you.  Then, the husky laid eyes on Michael.  When he did, he began to growl angrily.  As if he were threatened in some way.  Michael grabbed his collar and ripped him off of you, and shooed the poor dog away.

"Be nice," you demanded.

"I'll be nice when he is," Michael responded.

"I DON'T NEED A BABYSITTER MICHAEL," you heard Sam screech.

"TOO BAD," Michael shouted back.

He directed you to the kitchen, where you saw Sam moving around with a butterknife, and a loaf of bread.  Sitting on the countertop was a jar of peanut butter, and a jar of jelly.  Sam was sliding around in his socks like they were roller skates.

"Oh, hey (y/n)," Sam said.  "I'm gonna make you guys sandwiches."

"Don't bother," Mike told him.

"Lose the earring Michael, it's not you.  It's definitely not you," Sam stated, pointing at the single earing on Mike's left ear.

"Piss off," Michael argued.

"All you do is give attitude lately," Sam stated.  "You been watching too much 'Dynasty' bud?"

Suddenly, lights flashed in through the window above the sink.  Specifically, headlights.  You grabbed Sam protectively, and then Michael grabbed you, creating a very uncomfortable position for the three of you.  The three of you stared at the lights, when you heard engines firing up and revving, and the lights moved at an impossibly fast pace as the people driving the mystery vehicles began cheering and whooping excitedly.

Then, you heard the scariest part of this experience:

"Michael... Michael..." David's disembodied voice whispered.

Strange lights and noises were one thing, but a gang leader's voice whispering Mike's name like he was next to you... that was petrifying.

Suddenly, the laughs and cackles from outside sounded quite familiar.  It was David's biker gang.