Chapter 8: Hanae's Resolve

It had been a full day since the intense clash between Kōsuke and Itachi. Hanae Uzumaki was ready to set her plan in motion as she found herself strolling towards Kenzō with a determined stride.

"Kenzō!" Her hand fluttered in the air, signaling her presence.

Kenzō shut his manga abruptly, his eyes locking onto Hanae's figure. "Hey Hanae! what brings you to this side of the village?" he inquired, curiosity lacing his words.

"Well... um..." Hanae's voice wavered, her nerves getting the best of her as the courage she had mustered began to dissipate like smoke in the wind. "I've noticed you've been lingering around the Uchiha residence, keeping a eye on Itachi," —Get to the point Hanae!— she thought to herself as she playfully taps her cheek with her index finger. "I was actually thinking, would you like to grab a bite to eat? It's on me."

In Kenzō's eyes fortune had favored him as he had left his wallet at home. "Absolutely, I could really go for some dumplings," he replied, his hand instinctively patting his growling stomach.

Hanae's eyes sparkled with excitement, her emotions hidden beneath a veil of anticipation. "He said yes! Now, it's time to ensure this date goes flawlessly," she thought to herself, determined to make it a perfect evening.

They strolled side by side, their steps in sync, heading towards a nearby kiosk. Hanae found herself grappling with the nerves that came with initiating a conversation with the boy she held deep affection for. A voice of reason echoed in Hanae's mind, urging her to take matters seriously. —You have to step up, Hanae! How can you expect him to fall for you if you can't even bring yourself to have a conversation with him? Don't be so foolish!—

"This stall is known for having the best dumplings in the village. Let's grab them from here," Kenzō suggested, hoping to finally break the awkward silence that had taken over.

"Sure," she replied, her focus solely on the opportunity to spend time together rather than her own appetite.

After placing their order and acquiring a generous portion of dumplings, the two of them made their way towards a nearby bench and settled down to enjoy their meal.

"Thank you for the food!" he exclaimed, bringing his hands together in a prayer-like gesture before taking a bite.

As they sat in quietude, Hanae's unease swelled, recognizing that time was slipping through her fingers, and their meal would conclude before she could gather the audacity to engage in conversation. The notion of all her endeavors becoming futile burdened her thoughts profoundly.

"You know," Kenzō remarked, breaking the silence, "Itachi and I have been coming to this stall after our training sessions."

Hanae's eyes widened in surprise at his revelation. "You and Itachi have always trained together?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Not exactly," Kenzō clarified, a hint of nostalgia in his voice. "Initially, we coincidentally stumbled upon each other during our solo training sessions. But as time went on, we started training together on purpose, even before we became part of the same team."

"I see," Hanae responded, a hint of admiration in her voice. "You two must be really close friends, then."

Kenzō grinned, a warm expression spreading across his face. "Yeah, we are," he confirmed. "Our friendship, though, is not like everyone else's," Kenzō added, a touch of pride in his voice. "We constantly push each other to improve in combat, but at the same time..." He paused, searching for the right words. "We hardly know much about each other outside of it"

Hanae pondered to herself, her white eyes fixated on him, —How can he possibly see Itachi as a close friend if they have not gotten to know each other outside of training?—

A heavy silence enveloped the air, leaving Hanae feeling increasingly perplexed. Jealousy began to creep into her thoughts as she contemplated the countless hours they must be spending honing their skills together.

Driven by a sudden impulse, Hanae found herself blurting out, "Would you be interested in training with me while Itachi takes time to recover?"

Kenzō's expression shifted to one of surprise as Hanae's words reached his ears. "Train together?" he repeated, seeking clarification.

Hanae's nerves intensified, causing her gaze to avert from his. "Um, well, I just thought that our team could gain some advantages from it," she stammered, her voice betraying her anxiety.

"I see," Kenzō responded, taking a moment to ponder Hanae's suggestion. "Training together as a team is definitely a good idea, but Itachi is actually doing well."

Confusion etched across Hanae's face once again as she questioned, "But I thought he was still recovering from his battle with Kōsuke."

Kenzō chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "His mother attended to him immediately after their spar. The reason I was at their residence was because my mother asked me to deliver some supplies from her laboratory to Itachi's mother to take them to her hospital."

"I see," she replied, her disappointment evident in her voice. "Well, I suppose training together as a team will be more enjoyable." Hanae couldn't help but feel a tinge of disappointment, knowing that it wouldn't be just the two of them training. Determined, Hanae made a silent vow to herself. —But this won't stop me. From now on, I will do everything in my power to win his heart,— she resolved, her determination fueling her thoughts.

Hello guys I hope this chapter is a small little update to the story to give you guys a little something to read as I begin to paste over the  newer chapters alongside the continuation of the Hidden Rain Village Arc!