The Bakery 🥧

It was 07:03 in the morning when I just got out of bed, I had to go to work, as usual, I brushed my teeth, did my makeup, did my hair, got dressed and had a quick coffee. Today I wore a cute green sweater vest on top of a blouse, brown pants and some accessories like a cute beret ! I decided to post a pic on my Instagram before I left since I still had time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

y/nlovesyoux

2 minutes agoOutfit of the day! 🫶Liked by xXurgirlmayaXx and 4 more

2 minutes ago
Outfit of the day! 🫶
Liked by xXurgirlmayaXx and 4 more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted the picture and already got 5 likes that minute! I then thought to myself, I'm gonna be late for work! I fed my dog and ran out the door, I even forgot my car keys at first.

I was driving to the bakery I worked at, whilst I put on my favorite playlist.

10 minutes later I arrived to the bakery. I checked the time. It was 08:49 already! My work starts at 9 so I decided to check my socials.

I already had 27 likes on my post! I guess I look good today.

Then someone came into the bakery.

It was a customer! I decided to go ask what they wanted to get. She was actually really pretty. Her hair, her eyes. She wanted a piece of one of our most popular cakes at the bakery. Firstly I accidentally dropped the piece of cake. Awkward. But the second time I was lucky. She said her name was Daisy and that she was new in town. She was surprisingly comforting to talk to! She asked if I was maybe free after work. I panicked since nobody has ever asked me that. I thought about my schedule today. Nope. Nothing. I was actually free today! Usually I'm pretty busy. But since my sister
moved out last week, I've been bored and pretty lonely.

"Yeah, sure" I answered. " I end my shift at 15:00, we can meet here!".

Daisy smiled and looked at me, then took her piece of cake whilst saying " I guess I'll see you then! " And then sat down by the big window .

I just looked at her. Sitting there.

"Stop staring at customers y/n " I heard a voice behind me.

It was Ben! My co-worker and one of my best friends!

"Oh shut up" I said rolling my eyes .
"So, how's life going living alone?" He said
" Not bad, but it does get kinda boring without Livie"
" Awww you're lonely " he said looking into my eyes, teasing me
I rolled my eyes.
"I almost forgot! I've got cookies in the oven! Be right back!" Ben said before he ran off to the kitchen to check the cookies.

I giggled a little then turned around back to the cash register. I noticed that Daisy was about to leave. She got her things and came up to me again.
"Hey! It's me again" she said smiling .
"Hi!" I said in a quiet voice.
"Please tell the person who made this cake that it was one of the best ones I've ever had!"
I laughed and said "of course!"

I noticed she took my hand, placed a piece of paper onto my palm,closed my hand, smiled and left.

I got butterflys in my stomach after she left. I opened the folded piece of paper seeing the tiny handwriting on it. It was her Instagram user. I smiled and put it into my pocket.

"I'm back!" Ben excitingly said as he slid out the kitchen.
A little kid look at him and Ben got embarrassed. "Oopsies" he whispered. " Hey y/n, I need help in the kitchen, can Maria watch the cash register for a bit?"
"Uh yeah, sure" I answered then asked Maria to go work at the cash register for a bit"

We both went to the kitchen when I smelt cookies.
"I need you to try one of these and tell me if they're good enough" Ben said
" What, you can't try them yourself?" I asked while looking at him confused.
"Well you see.. what if I get poisoned?" He said smiling
I rolled my eyes and took a cookie.
"Ok fine, I mean, your not that bad of a baker" I said before I put the cookie into my mouth.
Ben looked at me scared the cookie was bad .
"I love it!" I said
"Yay!!" Ben said as he jumped up with joy making me laugh as always.

I went back to the cash register where Maria asked me if I had a spare pen. I put my hand into my pocket to get it out when I felt the tiny piece of paper Daisy gave me. I smiled and gave Maria the pen.

~ That's the end of the first chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! 💗 ~