The picnic 🧺

I woke up at My sister's house and looked at the time. It was 08:12! I was gonna be late for work! I got up, put on some clothes my sister had in her closet, brushed my hair , washed my face, brushed my teeth and left the house.

I called Ben as soon as I got in my car

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben 10 🙈- y/n, where are you? It's 08:51 and you're still not here.
Me - I'm literally late! I woke up like 40 minutes ago!
I put down my phone and put it on speaker
Me - I'm gonna need you to work at the cash register for a few minutes if someone comes in, and if boss looks for me, tell him I'm picking up ingredients for you or something.
I aggressively turned to the right moving some of my hair behind my ear.
Ben 10 🙈- Ok fine, but you owe me one. Now come quick, you might make it.
Me - okay see ya there
Ben 10 🙈- drive safe
I ended the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived to work at 09:14, I entered through the back door and got my phone out, I texted Olivia telling her I was running late for work and I would appreciate it if she could take the spare keys she still has from my house and fed Honey. I also mentioned that I took the spare keys from her house to leave for work and then left it under the door mat after I closed it. I put my phone down and started doing my makeup really quickly. Just some concealer and mascara. I looked out to the bakery seeing a woman sitting by the door having a coffee and 2 cookies and a young lady with her kid looking at the menu . I saw Ben behind the counter looking at his phone with a bored face. I decided to text him with a "thank you" to see if he would notice I was back. He got the message, looked at the kitchen door I was hiding behind from and smiled. He came up to me and said "finally".
I rolled my eyes and thanked him again." Thank you, so, how many people did you serve?"
" not much actually, just 3 people. Was gonna be 2 more but you came just in time!" He said putting his apron back on.
"You did a great job huh?" I said
"Yeah, I mean I watch you do it so I guess I learn from the best" he said winking at me.
I rolled my eyes and put on my name tag.
"Now you better get back there, I think the lady with her kid were already ready to order." He said looking back at the lady through the kitchen window .
"Right, thanks again" I said before I left the kitchen .

It was almost the end of my shift when a familiar face entered the bakery.

"Oh hey! So this is the bakery you work at?"
It was Jacob! I think this is the first time he came here.. or maybe I just never noticed.
"Hey Jacob! What brings you here? I don't see you here often." I say quietly.
'Well usually I come here at like six some day every week. But then I realized you said you worked at a bakery. I've been to every bakery in this town and never saw you. So I decided to check in at my favourite one during earlier in the day. So here I am ! And here you are. " He said smiling at me.
"So you were looking for me?" I said teasing him
"Well I guess? I just wanted to make sure you were in for our next meet up tomorrow." He said playing with his rings.
"You could of just texted me you know" I said teasing him again "anyways enough chit chat, what would you like?" I said putting my hair behind my ears.
"The usual, a vanilla latte with a chocolate brownie" he said reaching out for his wallet.
" Ah, good choice! That would be.. 5.50$ please! I can make you a discount if you'd like" I said punching in some numbers in the cash register.
"No, don't worry, I can pay full price!" He said taking out the money from his wallet.
"Ok but I'll get you a free cookie too." I said whilst putting the money into the cash register.
"Ok fine, a free cookie wouldn't hurt"he said before he left to sit down .
I got a text after that little moment.