Chapter 2: Alikred's Real Identity

Extra: It's October 2 in the netherworld, (Monday). If you ever wondered why Iruma was at their school on October 1, (Sunday). Well, I had a theory that the netherworld has 6-days of school per-week. The first bell starts by 6:06am, and the final bell ends by 6:06pm. The sunrise begins at 5:00am, while the sunset begins at 6:00pm. It's quite similar to earth if I have to be honest. Anyways, that's just my own theory! I don't know if they mentioned it in the anime or in the manga. But if they did, I surely missed it.

Iruma's POV: It's a new day in the netherworld! I woke up and had my breakfast with grandpa and Opera-san. I also wore my uniform and went on my way to school with Azz-kun and Clara. During our walk, we saw other students flying above the sky, and I suddenly remembered the misfit hunt. Come to think of it, Ali-san was trying to tell me something last night, but Ameri-san called... I wonder what Ali-san was about to say...

After a few minutes of walking, Iruma and his best friends arrived at Babyls. As usual, the student council were greeting every students, and many demons landed from their flights. Most of the students looked up to Iruma after he reached rank 5 (He). He tend to attract attention until now, so he's probably used to it.

Iruma reached rank 6 (Vav), because he protected many students while fighting a magical beast that attacked their school. The attack happened on Iruma's first day as a 3rd year student. A month has passed after the incident, but many still regards him as a hero.

The day started just like usual, the misfits were playing around and got scolded by Kalego. They quickly scattered after their homeroom in order to patrol, and search for a teacher who will guide them. Their masters are not allowed to help, because this is an individual training. The misfits must get a teacher's approval if they want someone to guide them, but they could also read books and gather information until they learn the spell by themselves. There are some misfits who already know how to cast the spell, while the rest were clueless. As we speak, Iruma is one of the clueless misfits.

Iruma's POV: I have to learn the spell too... I think grandpa can use it, and I'm sure that he won't hesitate to teach me, but... I want to try learning it by myself! And so, I went to read books at the library. I figured that I could ask Ali-san about it too, I think he'll be able to teach me something...

Iruma: "Ali-san? May I speak with you?"
Ali: "Hey, Lil-iru. If you have a question, you must answer my question first."
Iruma: "Your question?"
Ali: "Yes."
Iruma: "What is it?"
Ali: "Do you remember how you ignored me last night?" *Pretends to weep.*
Iruma: *Awkward laugher* "I'm sorry! I mean, you suddenly asked me that question!"

A student told Iruma to be quiet. He apologized for the noise, and he began speaking quietly to Alikred.

Ali: "So, would you answer my question, Lil-iru?"
Iruma: "M-my answer is... I'm not certain about it yet, and I want to focus on the current events..."
Ali: "Yet? I see... We're partners so you shouldn't ignore me again! So, what's your question?"
Iruma: "About the misfit hunt, what were you about to say last night?"
Ali: "Hm... I'll share my plan with you later, but you have to promise me something in return."
Iruma: "Okay...? Uhm, do you know how to cast a spell that could break seal barriers, Ali-san?"
Ali: "A spell that could break seal barriers? Ah, I think you mentioned that last night. I know how to do it, but it requires a lot of focus."
Iruma: "Then, could you help me with learning it? I read some books about it, but there's something that I don't understand."
Ali: "Alright, shall we try it out?"

Iruma's POV: I recently learnt how to create seals, and it's quite simple. It's almost the same as creating my bow with master. It feels like creating a defensive object, instead of an offensive one. We were informed by Kalego-sensei that the barrier will grow stronger if our willpower had a solid reason to uphold it. Of course, sufficient mana is also important. If I create a seal, I must visualize my reason for it to be unbreakable. There's a complicated part about creating the seal code too, and I'm not very good at it yet. Kalego-sensei will be the creator of our seals, so... W-wait! Does that mean we have to decipher Kalego-sensei's code?? Kalego-sensei told us that the winner must fight him in order to get his approval, he also mentioned that we can't remove the seals by ourselves... Are we suppose to break it during the final match, or are we suppose to control the seal before Kalego-sensei uses it against us? Is it possible to overtake someone's seal?