Chapter 5: Evil Cycle

Narrator: *Ahem* "Mic test. Wait, I'm not in a karaoke. So, let's do a quick recap! In the previous chapter, Iruma awoken his new wicked form! Is he a hybrid now? Who knows? I don't know either!" *Ahem* "So, Iruma is back, but his best friends are not. It seems like they haven't been active for the past days. Iruma decided to visit them,  but what could be waiting for him during his visit? Let's find out!"

Iruma's POV: This tail is indeed a sensor, is this a normal ability for demons? It's pretty convenient. Oh, it's detecting something... And it doesn't feel good. I should hurry up to check on Azz-kun.

Sullivan: *Rings bell*
David: "What brings you here, Sullivan-sama?"
Sullivan: "Good afternoon, I accompanied my grandson for his visit!"
Iruma: "Uhm... I'm sorry for the sudden visit, is Azz-kun home?"
David: "About that... Please enter, I'll accompany you to Alice-sama."
Iruma: "Okay..."

Sullivan entered a different room to give his grandson a personal space with his best friend. Meanwhile, David guided Iruma to Azz's room. Just like earlier, his tail was tracing an odd mana. They kept walking until they arrived in front of the room.

David: "Alice-sama was very worried about you lately, and he hasn't left his room for the past days. Amaryllis-sama wasn't able to communicate with the young master either. It seems like his room is protected by a barrier. We tried breaking it, but we've only angered Alice-sama."
Iruma: "Azz-kun... Is it fine if I handle this situation, David-san?"
David: "The young master doesn't seem to like other visitors, but if it's you... I'll leave it to you, please take care of Alice-sama. I'll be taking my leave."
Iruma: *Nods*

David's POV: "Alice-sama's friend had changed... I wonder, what could have happened?"

Iruma stared at the door before allowing his tail to investigate the surroundings. Azz's room was warped by a barrier. Iruma took a step forward to take a closer look, and he was able to read the code. He applied it in his mana before using it against the barrier, and he watched as the barrier shattered before him. Iruma slowly opened the huge door to take a quick peek inside. He noticed the dark aura surrounding the room, and he let his tail run around to see where Azz was hiding.

Iruma's POV: "Uhm...? Azz-kun...?" His room is dark, did he turn off the lights? This aura, it's overwhelming. After exploring the room, my tail finally found the source of this strange mana.

Iruma's tail got closer to Azz, but the depressed demon suddenly shot a fireball at it.

Azz: "Who's there?!"
Iruma: "Ah, Azz-kun! It's me, Iruma."
Azz: "Iruma-sama...?"
Iruma: "Yes, it's me."
Azz: "Hahahaha! I'm hallucinating again! Stop, stop it!"
Iruma: "Azz-kun... I'm sorry for worrying you, I'm fine. You're not hallucinating."
Azz: "You said that earlier too, but every time,  every time! It turns to a silly illusion! I'm not falling for it again!"

Iruma's tail slowly moved closer to Azz, but the depressed demon surrounded himself in flames. Iruma noticed that Azz is in his evil cycle, and it's gonna take a while before he returns to normal. Iruma stood and began creating another barrier to protect himself from the flames. He slowly approached the rampaging demon, and he created an orb that will absorb the mana around the room.

Azz was baffled as he faced Iruma. He tried to create another fireball, but the flames disappeared. Iruma kept approaching Azz before holding him. Azz don't want to trust Iruma because he don't want to have high hopes over another illusion. In a quick second, he was already held by his master. Tears dripped from his eyes and Iruma smiled at him, telling him that everything was fine from then. Azz slowly awakened to his senses, and realized that the real Iruma was standing in front of him.

The young demon was exhausted, but he expressed his gratitude and apology to his master. Once everything had calmed down, Iruma and Azz went outside of the room to have a tea break. David was delighted to see his master smile once again, and he quickly contacted the young demon's mother.

Amaryllis arrived during their tea break, and even though Azz doesn't like getting in close contact with his mother, he stood up to hug her before apologizing. He also thanked David and made his apology. After the tea break, Iruma and Sullivan excused themselves before leaving. Of course, Iruma and Azz chatted about Clara during their tea break, but Azz just regained himself, and he wasn't allowed to follow Iruma until his body has rested. 

Sullivan: "Aren't you glad that your best friend is back?"
Iruma: "Yes! I'm relieved to see him smiling, but, there's still Clara..."
Sullivan: "Grandpa will accompany you, let's go!"
Iruma: "Yes!"

They flew away from Azz's mansion to visit Clara. Iruma was worried, but his composure remained. He simply want to see his friend with a cheerful smile once again. After a while, Iruma and Sullivan arrived at the Valac's doorstep. They knocked on the door, and they were greeted by Clara's mother. Followed by Konchie, Keebow, Sin Sin, and Ran Ran. As usual, their family were still smiling. But Clara is nowhere to be seen.

Mrs. Valac: "Welcome to our home, Sullivan-sama, and Iruma."
Sullivan: "Good evening, I'm here to accompany my grandson!"
Iruma: "Uhm, is Clara inside? Would it be fine if I talk to her for a bit?"
Konchie: "Nee-chan is mad."
Keebow: "Yep, she's really mad!"
Sin Sin|Ran Ran: "Nee-Nee is mad!"
Iruma: "What? She's mad?"
Mrs. Valac: "As you heard from them, Clara is upset. She gets mad when her siblings are noisy, and she has been mumbling things for the past days. We can still talk to her, but she suddenly pouts and ignores us."
Iruma: "O-oh... Is it fine if I try talking to her?"
Mrs. Valac: "Yes, you're more than welcome."

Iruma went inside of the Valac's house, but Sullivan stayed outside. Iruma looked around until he noticed Clara in a corner. She curled herself in a ball, and she had dark aura leaking out. Her siblings were terrified and tried to stay quiet. Iruma heard Clara mumbling his name while repeating: "Iruma-chi will be fine.", as soon as Iruma heard that, he began to approach Clara before calling her name.

Iruma: "Clara...? Are you okay...?"
Clara: "?!"
Iruma: "It's me, I-ru-ma."
Clara: "Iruma... Chi...?"
Iruma: Yes, it's me. I feel better now, I'm sorry for worrying you."

Iruma took a step closer, and in a blink of an eye, Clara was suddenly clinging on him.

Iruma: "W-wait, Clara??"
Clara: "You can't escape now, Iruma-chi! I successfully captured you!"
Iruma: "H-huh??"
Mrs. Valac: "Clara has been chasing something once in a while, I think she's seeing you in her mind."
Iruma: "Uhm, Clara...? I won't escape, so you can let go now..."
Clara: "No! Iruma-chi will escape, I won't let go!"
Iruma: "Hahahaha... I guess it's fine, as long as that will calm you down..."

The Valac family invited Iruma for dinner, and he gladly accepted. But before that, Iruma walked outside to look for Sullivan. Clara was still clinging on him, but he doesn't mind it. Sullivan placed a chair outside, and he was seated while reading a book. Iruma called out to his grandfather, and the adult demon hid the book along with the chair. He smiled and followed after his grandson. As usual, everyone sang a song except for Clara who wouldn't let go of Iruma. The food was served after their ritual, and it's finally time to dine in.

Iruma: "Clara? It's time to eat, you can sit beside me if you'd like..."
Clara: "I won't let go!"
Iruma: "Well, here's some food, you should have some too..."

Iruma fed Clara since she doesn't want to let go. An hour had passed, but Clara still refused to let go. Clara's mother pursued them, and she calmly talked to Clara, telling her that Iruma has to go home and they'll see each other at school the next day. Clara got sad, but she suddenly lit up.

Clara: "Hey, hey, Iruma-chi! Let's have a sleepover!"
Iruma: "Sleepover...?"
Clara: "Yes! You don't have to go home anymore, hehe!"
Iruma: "Are you sure? I guess it's not a bad idea, but... I don't have a change of clothes..."
Sullivan: "Hm? Would you like to stay over, Iruma-kun? I-I can get your things..." *Holding back his tears.*
Iruma: "I don't mind staying over for the night, and it's been a while since I've spent time with Clara, so if grandpa is fine with it..."

Sullivan flew away to get Iruma's things, and he went back to hand them. After giving Iruma his stuff, Sullivan left while suppressing his tears. It was settled that Iruma will stay overnight, but he still felt the need of having Azz with them. Since it's already late, Iruma asked for permission to enter the bath, and he changed his clothes to pajamas. Clara agreed to let him go before running off to prepare games that they could play. Iruma was done changing, so they both went to play some games until they got sleepy. The night had passed peacefully, and Iruma regained connection with his two best friends.

-To be continued-

Extra: The barriers in this fanfiction are quite similar to Kirio's barrier, but it's also distinct at the same time. This one is used for sealing/suppressing something, and it's mostly used in controlling someone/something internally by their soul. Humans have fingerprints, and these barriers have codes. Each of them are different, and a demon needs to create the same mana infused code to break it.