Chapter 9: League Of Daredevils, Part 1

Narrator: "A quick recap: Iruma passed Azz and Clara's interrogation, and they went to sleep before going to the cursed mountain. Kalego made them compete for the summit, and the misfits finally got their first, and official expedition!" *Pause* "Okay, okay, okay! Why did Kalego prepared extra measures for this event? Why did he send his students to a dangerous location? And what exactly will happen to the misfits??"

The misfits had chosen different paths for their adventure, in which I'll show you their individual scenes. Alright, let's cut the chatter, and let's begin observing them along with their teachers on the sidelines.

<Dungeon Expedition, Day 1>

[Goemon's Scene]

Gaap's POV: "Alright, it's time to explore!" I wonder how everyone's doing... I chose this path, and it's probably different from everyone else.

Gaap kept venturing deeper in the cave-like dungeon, and he's holding the hilt of his sword. An enemy could appear at any moment, that's why he's focusing on his surroundings. The hollow space in his path began getting smaller, until he's faced with two different paths.

Gaap's POV: I found it strange that I'm walking on an endless empty hall, but I guess there's more to this dungeon... The left path has a bigger opening, and it looks dangerous. The right path has a smaller opening, but it also looks dangerous, just like the left one... "Which path is best to follow? Left, or right?"

[Teacher's Campsite]

[Teacher List: Shichiro, Robin, Blushenko, Kalego, Orias]
[Assistant List: Medical Division]

Shichiro: "This is exciting, isn't it?"
Kalego: "Hmph, I wonder..."
Robin: "Now, now, now, now! Let's keep watching them!"
Shichiro: "What path are you gonna choose, Gaap-kun?"
Orias: "I'm guessing left."
Robin: "Hoh! I'm guessing left too!"

[Gaap's Scene]

Gaap's POV: The left path is huge enough for a large enemy, but there might be fortune as well. And the right path is risky, because I won't have the necessary space to fight. "I'll go left, I guess...?"

Gaap chose the left entrance, and his suspicion was right. In front of him was a giant steel golem, and a wrong move could awaken it by any moment.

Gaap's POV: "Strings...?" Ah, that golem might activate if I get in contact with any of these... But, I'm already surrounded... "Should I slash my way out?" No, moving or slashing through these strings will surely trigger that golem. "My only way out is to fight!" There's already a tough looking opponent on my first day, I wonder if everyone had encountered something too...

[Teacher's Campsite]

Kalego: "Let's see if any of those idiots are going to use their emergency portal on the first day."
Orias: "I don't think so, those misfits have potential."
Shichiro: "You think so too?"
Orias: "Yeah."
Blushenko: "I believe that they'll manage!"
Robin: "Heh, everyone's on the misfit side! Me too, me too! How about you, Kalego-sensei??"
Kalego: "Tsk, silence!"

[Jazz's Scene]

Jazz's POV: *Phew* I panicked when some magical beast suddenly began attacking me, especially because of my inherited magic, (Pit). I thought it's going to be useless in a battle, but it's actually quite useful. I found a convenient way to fight against magical beast using both magic and my familiar.

Jazz used different types of spell, including those that he learned from his battler to weaken the magical beast. After that, Jazz uses his bloodline magic, (Pit), and his familiar, to steal the magical beast' core.

[Teacher's Campsite]

Shichiro: "Woah, his familiar is a split wolf!"
Robin: "It's cute, but Kalego-sensei is cuter!"
Kalego: *Grabs Robin's face to shut him off* "I didn't expect him to use his skill in such way, but he did well."
Shichiro: "Yes, magical beast that reside within the cursed mountain are quite different. They contain an orb that serves as their core, and Jazz-kun used that fact to his advantage."
Orias: "I told you, the misfits have potential. But to steal their core after weakening them with magic, that's savage indeed."
Shichiro: "Those cores are cursed, but Jazz-kun learned to use his familiar wisely. It absorbs the core's mana to stop it from functioning. That's an excellent way to survive in the cursed mountain."