Chapter 3: A Sudden Change

Narrator: "Let's recall some events from the previous chapter: Alikred revealed his real identity to Iruma because he wanted him to be the next demon king. A demon king who can shape the netherworld into a place that Derkila had envisioned. Iruma accepted Alikred's request, and they held a promise to each other. That's our short recap, feel free to enjoy reading the new chapter!"

A|N: I apologize for the delay, I was quite busy with my personal life lately so I didn't have enough time to finish the 3rd chapter. That's all, I apologize once again.

Alikred's POV: Well, I guess my job here is done. I leave everything to you, Lil-iru. You should use my power to the fullest, and prove yourself worthy to sit on my throne. I believe that you'll make it happen. Goodbye, future demon king.

Iruma can hardly breathe after waking up. His heart was palpitating, and his lungs were tightening. Iruma can still remember the conversation he had with Alikred, so he tried to summon him, but his mind was suddenly engulfed by dark mist.

Iruma's POV: I-I have to call Ali-san... Huh? My body is not moving?? My sight is getting darker, and it feels like the temperature is increasing... "W-what... Is h-happening...?"

Iruma felt like he's burning in flames, but he still tried to contact one of his friends. The situation got intense, and he lost consciousness without being able to inform anyone about his struggle.

<1 Week Time Skip>

Iruma's POV: U-urgh... What happened? I can't move a single muscle!? That's right, I have to call someone! Wait, my voice... It won't come out!?

Iruma can't move or speak, so he couldn't call anyone for help. He could use mana all by himself, so he tried to make a sound by hitting an object. However, a barrier prevented him from doing so. Iruma began to panic, but he noticed that something was odd. He realized that he's sealed. And the seal used on him is not like any other, because it's one of the strongest type. Iruma has two available options in this current situation. The 1st option is to wait until someone breaks the seal for him, while the second option is to break the seal all by himself.

Iruma's POV: I don't understand what's happening right now, but I have to get out of this situation! I'm sure grandpa and Opera-san would enter my room in a while. What time is it anyways? I shifted my eyes to look at the time, but the clock is a bit further from my line of sight. It's no use, how am I suppose to know the time?? I relaxed myself in order to think of a solution. For now, let me see what I can do.

A|N: As I mentioned, Iruma is already a 3rd year student in this timeline, which means he can use magic without a chant.

Iruma tried some spells that he could remember, but it just made a mess inside the seal. After a while, Iruma tried to make a mirror. It's not exactly a mirror, he just turned his mana into something reflective, and it's quite similar to water. He slowly moved the mirror towards the clock's direction, and he finally got informed of the time.

Iruma's POV: Let's see... Huh? It's already 10:00pm!? I totally missed school! I hope Azz-kun and Clara weren't bothered about my absence... I have to apologize to everyone later. It will take a few hours before someone enters my room, and no one came to wake me up either... Why am I even trapped in a seal?? Okay! I'll do my best to get out of this by myself!

The challenge has begun! For the meantime, let's look at what happened before our 1 week time skip. Iruma lost his consciousness on October 3 in the morning, and he woke up on October 10 during night time. Let's see what happened after Iruma lost his consciousness.

<October 3: Timeline Rewind>

1 hour had passed after Iruma lost his consciousness. Sullivan and Opera knocked on the door, but there was no response. They looked at each other before posing the same question inside their minds: "Is he still sleeping?". They tried knocking once again, but there's still no response. Sullivan and Opera opened the door to check if there's something wrong.

A|N: Most of the doors are automatic in Sullivan's mansion, but they changed Iruma's door to give him privacy. However, they're free to enter anytime because Iruma doesn't lock his room with a passcode.

Sullivan: "Good morning, Iruma-kun!"
Opera: "Sullivan-sama, Iruma-sama might be on his wicked phase. Let's try to be quiet."

Sullivan paused for a second before pulling out a handkerchief to cry to himself. Opera slowly pursued Iruma in attempts to wake him up, but he noticed that Iruma was sweating a lot while breathing abnormally, as if he's trying to catch his breath. Sullivan ran to Iruma's side, and they tried to wake him up, believing that it's just a nightmare.

Sullivan: "I-Iruma-kun? It's morning, you'll miss school."
Opera: "It seems like Iruma-sama caught a fever. I'll go get an ice-pack, please stay quiet for a while, Sullivan-sama."
Sullivan: *Loading* "..." *Crying* "Nooo!! My precious grandson is sick! Hurry up, Opera! We have to revive
Iruma-kun!"
Opera: "Please be quiet, Sullivan-sama. Iruma-sama is not dead yet. I'm going to get an ice-pack and prepare a herbal medicine. Please comfort Iruma-sama during my short absence."

A|N: By ice-pack, it's not a literal pack of ice. It's similar to a packet with chilled contents accompanied by magic.

Sullivan nods as he continued sobbing for his grandson. He looked at Iruma who was having a hard time to breath, and he applied a spell on him to ease the situation. After a few minutes, Iruma calmed down, and Opera returned with ice-packs, medicine, and herbal tea. They watched Iruma for a moment before leaving his room. Sullivan doesn't want to leave his grandson, but Opera dragged him out because he still have a pile of paperwork to do.

Sullivan: "Iruma-kun! Let me go, Opera!"
Opera: "I'll take care of Iruma-sama, you should do your work now, Sullivan-sama."
Sullivan: "Nooo!!"

Azz and Clara cheerfully arrived at Sullivan's mansion to accompany Iruma, but they're greeted by Opera instead.

Azz: "Hm? Where's Iruma-sama?"
Clara: "Iruma-chi! Let's go to school!"
Opera: "Iruma-sama is not feeling well. Therefore, he wont be able to attend school today."
Azz: *Shocked* "Iruma-sama is not feeling well?! Did something bad happened?!"
Clara: *Pause* "Iruma-chi is sick?! Azz-Azz, we have to help Iruma-chi!" *Panicking*
Opera: "Yes. Unfortunately, Iruma-sama caught a fever today. He's currently resting, so please go to school without him."
Azz: "As Iruma-sama's right hand man, I can't possibly leave him in a situation like this! No, I'm his soulmate, I have to stay beside him at all cost!"
Clara: *Nods* "We can't leave Iruma-chi!"
Opera: "If you want to help Iruma-sama, please let him rest today. You're free to visit him after school."
Azz:  "Tsk, please wait for me, Iruma-sama! Let's go, Clara!"
Clara: "We're leaving Iruma-chi?"
Azz: "I don't want to leave Iruma-sama, but I have to let him rest. As his right hand man and as his soulmate, I have to endure this!"

Azz and Clara began walking to school with a worried expression. Soon, they arrived at the royal one, but... They looked like their world just ended before their very eyes.

Lied: "Hey, huh? Why are you both looking so gloomy this early in the morning?"
Jazz: "Where's Iruma?"
Sabro: "Is he skipping school?"
Lied: "That's unlikely, he never skipped school before."
Azz: "Iruma-sama is not feeling well today." Says Azz while trying his best not to cry.
Clara: *Nods* "We were told to attend school without Iruma-chi! It's too cruel!"
Allocer: "Did he got sick?"
Ix: "My, I hope he gets better soon."
Azz: "Iruma-sama caught a fever today, so we're going to visit him after school."

Kalego entered the room during their chat, and everyone was silenced. He informed them that Iruma won't be able to attend school for the day because of high fever. He then checked everyone's attendance, before asking them to follow him outside. The misfits followed him, and Kalego gave them a progress-checking task, which was a mock battle until their homeroom subject was over. The misfits went to their other subjects just like usual, until the bell rang. Which means, it's time to have lunch. Unlike usual, Azz and Clara weren't very excited to enter the school cafeteria.

Clara: "Let's go, Azz-Azz. I'm sure that Iruma-chi will be fine!"
Azz: "You're right, it's Iruma-sama after all!" *He wiped his tears, and he confidently stood up.*

Crowd: "Something feels unusual today..." "I know right!" "Look, it's the misfits!" "You're right! Wait, where's their leader?" "That's rare, they're not with Iruma."

Eiko's POV: I haven't seen Iruma-san today, and I also heard that he's not with his friends... I tried to see if Iruma-san is in their classroom, but he wasn't there either. Did something bad happened? I've seen his friends walking with a gloomy face since this morning... I knew it! Something probably happened. I wonder if Iruma-san is doing fine...