chapter 11 cold day

BARCODE'S POV.

I was in my room playing my guitar just relaxing. Me and p'jeff haven't got a chance to talk this whole week. He's been busy with his schedule and I've been busy with my school.

And we haven't had filming this week. I've just been writing a new song , and hanging out with my family this week. Along with focusing on school. To be honest , I miss p'jeff.

It's not that I'm mad at him , it's just now that gameplay is here , it just feels so different between me and p'jeff. I don't know he to explain it , but all I want is for everything to go back to normal between me and p'jeff.

Everyone on social media are already wanting p'jeff to work with gameplay again. And their saying some harsh things about me. Some fans are on my side and others are on gameplay's side.

I look over at the time and realize it's already midnight. I sigh setting my guitar down. I guess I'd better sleep now. I've got an event tomorrow with p'apo and p'mile.

As I'm getting ready to lay down my phone rings. I look at my phone deciding weather to answer it or not. I sigh and answer the call.

Jeff: hey. Did I wake you?

Barcode: no , I was just going to lay down now.

Jeff: oaw ok.

Barcode: what did you need anyways?,

Jeff: I just wanted to talk. We haven't talked much this week.

Barcode: yeah , I know. We've both been busy I guess.

Jeff: I miss you. Maybe we could hand out tomorrow.

Barcode: I can't , I have an event with p'apo and p'mile.

Jeff: oh ok , that's fine. Maybe another time then.

Barcode: I'm going to bed now then.

Jeff: ok , I'll talk to you soon.

Barcode: goodnight p'jeff.

Jeff: goodnight barcode.

I set my phone down and crawl under the blankets. I close my eyes drifting off to sleep.

Jeff's POV.

I sigh as barcode ends the call. I could tell he was upset. He's probably upset about this whole gameplay thing. which is why I want to talk with him whenever we get a chance to meet up. I hope it's soon, because I miss him. I miss seeing his face , his big brown eyes. His cute little voice. And cheerful smile.

I've read some pretty harsh comments about barcode. It breaks my heart to see people treating him that way when he's done nothing wrong. I just hope he hasn't seen any of those comments , which I know he has. He's always in Twitter. I just wish I could protect him from all of this.

I sigh looking at the time. It's past midnight already. I should probably get to bed. I've got a meeting tomorrow in the morning. And since I'm free after I might go grab food with Jessie. All though , I wish it was me and Barcode grabbing food instead.

____

The next day...

I shut my car door getting ready to leave the studio. The meeting was quite boring. I yawn while starting my car.

My mind goes to the one place that makes me not tired. Barcode. I wonder how the event went. He was probably stunning as always. I should probably call and ask him. Or maybe it's just an excuse to hear his soft and angelic voice again.

I put the phone up to my phone as it rings. My heart jumps a beat excited to hear his voice. But my lips turn into a frown as he doesn't pick my call up. I guess he's probably busy.

Just as I was about to pull out I got a phone call from mile. I wonder why he's calling. I thought they'd all be busy with the event today. I shrug and pick it up.

Jeff: hey mile , what's up?

Mile: hey , I was just wondering if Your busy right now?

Jeff: no why?

Mile: alright good. Could you go check up on barcode. I would but me and apo have another schedule today.

Jeff: wait , what's wrong with barcode?

Mile. You don't know?

Jeff: know what?

Mile: he got a little sick during the event. We dropped him back off at home.

Jeff: I'll call you later , I'm going to his house now.

Mile: alright. Let us know how he's doing.

Jeff: I will. Bye.

Mile: bye.

I quickly put my phone away and start driving to barcode's house. My stomach dropped the moment I heard he was sick. I instantly became worried. Why didn't he tell me he wasn't feeling well? Is he ok? What if he's not and that's why he wasn't answering my calls.

The more my thoughts spill out the more I get worried. My heart races faster as I become more worried. The thought of barcode being sick , at home alone , it worried me a lot. I feel bad he's sick at home alone. It sucks being all alone when your sick.

I park my car as I arrived at barcode's house. I unbuckle and quickly walk up to his door. I knock a few times but no answer. Just as I was about to call him , the door creeks open. I look up to see a pale barcode. He was holding on to one side of the door. My heart sank seeing him like this.

Barcode: p-p'jeff. What are you doing here? He says in a weak and dry tone. It almost sounded like a whisper.

Jeff: I came because your sick. Why didn't your tell me?

Barcode: you should go , or you'll catch what I have.

Jeff: barcode I don't care if I get sick. Your way more important.

Barcode: p'jef-barcode went to fall but I quickly caught him in my arms. His hands were shaking and he was freezing.

Jeff: it's ok , got you.

I picked barcode up bridle style and carried him back into the house. He didn't even try to fight back. He was probably to weak. He could barely stand a second ago.

I lay him down on his bed and put a blanket over him along with my sweatshirt. I go to walk away to get some water for him but he grabbed my hand.

Barcode: please don't go. Stay with me please. He says with his eyes half closed. I could feel his weak his grip on my hand was. He could barely hold it.

Jeff: it's ok , I'm not going anywhere. I say sitting down on the other side of the bed. I hold his hand and hold him close by me.

Barcode: please promise me you won't leave me.

Jeff: hey , I'm not going to leave you. Never. I promise. I love you.

Barcode: I love you too.

I watched as he drifts off to sleep while his head is on my chest. I feel so much better knowing he's ok , and with me. I feel better knowing he's with me and I'm here to take care of him. I'll never leave him , not in a million years. It's just the two of us.