Getting what I want (Act 1, chapter 6) *The Master's POV*

I look into her eyes. She is determined to keep the information I need away from me no matter how hard I try. It has been an hour since it started and there is something about her determination that impresses me. In the face of one of the worst methods of torture can't get the information out of her. Well, that means I'll have to try something a little more intimate. Only she may see things that she is not meant to. I find myself pacing around while I wrestle with the idea. It should be an easy decision since I need the information in her head. I quickly made up my mind. I am going to do it since I'll kill her when I am done.

"So what now?" Mia mumbles. I can tell that she is regaining her strength. In this case that is a good thing. There is a chance that what I am about to do will harm us both which means I may not get what I want.

"Let's just say, I will get the information I need no matter how," I responded. As I get close to her I can hear the rapid breathing. A sign of a panicking human. I do love it when they panic. With a few movements I have Mia free from the head restraint however I hesitate.

"For someone who is desperate you seem scared," Mia taunts me.

"Shut up," I snapped. To be fair she is not wrong. Well, here I go. She tries to pull away as I place my hands on her cheeks. After a few seconds, I made a mental connection. I try my best to focus on the information that I need however I am finding it difficult as Mia is really good at hiding the memories. The thing is I will get what I want regardless of how I get it.

"You're good," I find myself complimenting her. I've gone soft. I need to focus. Come on, I need to get the information. After pulling my mind back into focus I get what I need well most of it. With a sharp yank, Mia pulls away severing the connection. I notice that she is saddened by what she saw.

"I'm sorry. Everything you've been through. It must be hell knowing that you were the one that destroyed your home. The connection works both ways," Mia explains. Is she pitting me? She doesn't need to. After all, I did everything by choice.

"Gallifrey was never really home anyway," I responded. The bitterness in my voice is obvious. The only person that knew how I felt was the doctor but we drifted apart. There is something odd. Mia is getting me to talk. It feels weird. It's as if the connection gave her an insight to who I really am. This is exactly what I feared. Besides, I need to get to work on the antimatter weapon. Sure I haven't got all of the things that I need but Mia gave me the most important parts. The rest I can work out. That leaves me with a big problem.

"So what now?" Mia reads my mind. That is a good question. I could go through with killing her but there is something stopping me. It feels strange. All I am doing is giving the doctor time to catch up. She never listens so I don't know why I bother telling her not to follow me. I find myself giving Mia the stink eye as I run through options. After a minute of thinking I've landed on the best option. Since I am not going to kill her I am going to have to watch over her while I build my doomsday weapon. With that conclusion, I get to work on finding a suitable tracking chip. Thankfully I am quick to find what I need. Now for the fun part.

"To answer your question I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. This won't hurt a bit," I lie as I insert the needle underneath the skin on her arm. A click can be heard as I depress the plunger. Mia is trying her best not to flinch. Luckily for her, the process is quick. I take note of the glowing spot coming from her arm. With that, I set her free. Now that she has the tracker I don't have to worry about her until the doctor shows up. Besides, something tells me that she is not going to run.

"Anyway, I have work to do so I suggest that you either help me or watch," I warn her as I know for a fact that she is going to sabotage the device if she gets her hands on it.

"I can't exactly do anything anyway," Mia retorts as she sits down on a small seat. With that out of the way, I get to work on piloting my TARDIS to the first place that I need to go. After a few minutes, we made it to the first destination. I make sure to check the scanners as I leave. As soon as I cross the threshold of my TARDIS I am hit by an acrid industrial smell. Unfortunately, it is exactly the place where I need to be.

"Where are we?" Mia asks, having decided to follow me. I might as well tell her.

"We are at the antimatter/matter processing plants on Calrissian five. Also, ditch the lab coat if you're coming with," I let her know. The Calris don't look at people with lab coats too fondly. Anyway, it should be a simple job. The boss of the factory owes me big time. Let's just say I found some dirt on him that he would not like the world to know. After a few minutes of walking, we made it to a shabby-looking reception area.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Dae. Is he here?" I ask as I approach the reception desk.

"Let me check. What do you need from him?" The receptionist responds as she checks something on her computer.

"Tell him the master needs a favour," I add.

"Well he's here so I'll send you up to his office but he is not going to be happy to see you," The receptionist informs us. To be honest I can't blame him after what happened the last time. After a short walk, we made it to his office.

"What do you want?" Dae is clearly unimpressed by our arrival.

"Antimatter," I respond.

"I can't. It's a restricted substance," Dae counters. I can tell that he is not willing.

"May I remind you that I have information that could send you into ruin? Not only that but it would result in getting the death penalty," I can feel Mia's horrified stares as Dae seemingly gives in. Honestly, I don't get why the doctor keeps humans around. To me, they are just as smart as pets. As soon as the thought crosses my mind I feel annoyed about the fact that I couldn't just get rid of her. Thankfully Dae leaves. After a couple of minutes of waiting Dae returns with a canister of what I want.

"Thank you. That wasn't so hard was it?" I taunt Dae as I hand the canister to Mia. As we head back to my TARDIS I notice a trio of familiar faces. I quickly take avoiding action with Mia. I can't afford her catching me. Not yet anyway. After a few tense minutes, we finally made it back to my TARDIS. I get to work on making sure we can get to our next destination.