Convention

Willow was talking to Luz about all the other covens when Gus lets out a high pitch squeal and runs off to a tall boy. The boy was wearing the normal school uniform except his arms, and leggings were black showing how he isn't in a coven, he also had his hood up. "Yn!" Gus grabs the boy's arm jumping up and down. Willow smiles pulling Luz towards them. "Hello, Gus, Willow... human girl." Yn says, looking bored.

"Hello." Luz waves.

"This is Yn. A friend of ours. He's in the higher years." Willow explains. Luz was about to talk, when Eda comes up, talking about how dumb this whole place is, she stops talking seeing the familiar YCE eyes looking at her, "Yn?" she questions tilting her head slightly, and some of her hair falls out of her hood. "Eda... hey." Yn looks at her before looking at the floor.

"You two know each other?" Luz asks, looking between the two witches.

"Of course, I do, Luz. He's my-"

"Regular!" He cuts her off, quickly, almost in a panicked way, with widened eyes and some sweat. "I-I'm one of her regular customers at the human stand." he spoke quietly, Gus still holding his hand.

A shadow falls over the small groups. "Ah, Yn." He turns around and sees Principal Bump, smiling slightly. "I see that you have taken my advice on coming here to choose your coven."

"I'm just Browsing." he corrects, putting his free hand in his pocket.

"Yn, I tell you to choose one, in your best interest. For example, look at your father, he didn't choose a coven, and where's he? He was a bright lad, such a shame that he left you." Bump places a hand on Yn's shoulder, "I advise you don't end up like him, Yn join a coven, or the Emperor will have to get involved." With that Bump walks off. Yn sighs.

"You're not in a coven?" Luz asks, Yn shakes his head. "You and Eda should start a coven." Yn laughs, causing Eda to frown, it's not his real laugh. His real laugh makes her laugh, this one doesn't but she doesn't say anything. "It doesn't work like that kid." he states before moving on, Guz following still not letting go of his hand.

"Wait! I have questions!" Luz runs after the boy. Willow and Eda followed too. "Like, do you have a magical staff?" Yn slows his walking down.

"Yeah." Luz's eyes widen, if you look closely enough they're sparkling.

"Can I see it?" Yn sighs again, rolling his eyes before a dark brown stick appears in front of him from a flash of light. The stick is a dark brown, with a fox on top, that has a lighter brown coat with a beige chest and the tip of its tail and yellow luminous eyes before it too turns into wood, it's tail wrapped around the stick. Luz looks like she's about to explode, she goes to touch it but Yn allows it to disappear.

Somehow, they ended up in front of the Emperor's Coven. "That panel looks popular." Luz points to it, causing Gus to gasp and let go of Yn's hand. "It's the Emperor's Coven. Do you think they'll sign my forehead?"

"Only one way to find out!" Willow and Gus run into the stand. Eda stands there not looking not impressed with her arms folded. Yn just eyes up the guards before walking through.

He finds a seat in the auditorium, looking down at the stage area in the middle. Willow and Gus come to sit next to him, Gus smiling widely, just having his forehead signed. After some time dramatic music starts to play, and the Principal appears in some green smoke. He starts talking about how good the Emperor's Coven is, bla bla bla... the special guest was Lilith Clawthorne. She starts talking about the Emperor's Coven too, and before you know it, the show is over. Luckily Yn paid so much attention to all of what they were saying, spoilers: he didn't.

It's been 10 minutes and everyone was cheering as Luz challenged Amity to a witches' duel. Lilith and Amity, a green-haired witch that obviously has a natural brown hair colour, on the Abomination track, were standing on the stage while Eda and Luz both stood opposite to them. "Beloved citizens, the Emperor's Coven proudly presents an impromptu demonstration of the sort of witch we seek every year. Introducing Amity Blight." Everyone cheers, while Amity just stands there all smug with her arms crossed. "Verse..." Lilith looks to Eda, who is standing in front of a very nervous Luz. She steps aside doing jazz hands, with a big smile on her face. "...Some human girl." The crowd all murmured about her.

Yn looks closer seeing some mounds on the dirt ground, traps. He looks at the two seeing Luz talking but due to the crowd being too loud, he couldn't hear what the human was saying. "I hope you know what you're doing, Eda." he mumbles.

The bell screams, indicating the duel is about to start. The two teens walk to the centre. Amity looks confident with her hands on her hips and Luz looks nervous. Amity cracks her knuckles. Luz smiles nervously and waves. Amity draws a spell circle on the ground, it grows purple as an Abomination rises, however, it's too big for a witch of the age of 14. "She's cheating." Yn says, mainly to himself. The purple goo monster tries to step on Luz but she quickly runs off. The Abomination then screws off its head throwing it at the human barely missing her. It moves forwards trapping Luz against the wall, its head regrows, luckily the Abomination stomps onto one of the traps setting its foot and leg on fire allowing Luz to run away to safety. 

King has come over to start to talk to Willow and Gus wearing a lot of free things from the coven booths. While the Abomination steps onto a wind spell sending it and Amity flying. Amity lands safely unlike her creature that hits the ground hard. The Abomination gets up and starts to chase Luz. 

King was slowly climbing down the seats to get closer to the fight but when he heard a boy cheer for Amity he got angry and was about to go fight him but due to a blue scarf being too long he tripped and fell down the rest of the seats into the arena, landing on a trap that happens to be spikes. Impaling his shirts, but saving Amity from stepping on it.

Lilith walks towards her sister touching one of the spikes, making it turn to sand. She confronts Eda about cheating but when Amity turns to leave her hair moves slightly showing the back of her neck and a power glyph. Eda sees this and walks to the young witch taking it off and showing it to the crowd. Amity's Abomination returns to its normal size, which is not even taller than the witch who made it, its head still in its larger state crashes into the body turning it back to just goo. Eda rubs it into Lilith's face about being on the same level. Luz tried to confront Amity but she just ran off. Yn watches her run off and decides to go find her.

Yn found her sitting against a wall near the bathrooms. Her legs to her chest that her arms were resting on. Yn sits on the right side of her, not saying anything just sitting there, after a few seconds Amity leans into him. Around a minute passes before Luz comes. "Amity, I'm sorry." She slowly walks towards them. Amity looks up at the human and scoffs "Seriously? Just leave me alone."

"I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"That's all you ever do. First at school, and now this."

"Yeah, but..." Amity cuts Luz off getting up, and facing her.

"You made me look like a fool in front of the Emperor's Coven. My future. You think it's so easy to be a witch. I have been working my whole life to get to the top. You lost. You cheated. Say it. Say you're not a witch." Amity points to her.

Yn slowly gets up, standing far enough to give the two witches their own space but close enough to hear everything. The only thing he could think about was how broken Amity sounded like she was about to cry, it was upsetting for the older boy to hear, although he and Amity aren't the best of friends he still helps her and listens to her problems, Luz being one of the main ones for the past week.

"I'm not a witch." Luz sadly says, kneeling on the floor, pulling out a notepad and a pen, Amity joins her on the floor and watches Luz draw a small, simple light glyph. The paper folds into itself producing a small ball of yellow light. Yn tilts his head not used to seeing this type of magic, magic that he mastered years ago, seeing a human do it, it's kind of inspiring. "But I'm training hard to be one." Luz holds the ball of light, which is no bigger than a small ball and shows it to Amity. Luz closes her hand making the ball disappear, "That's nothing. A child could do a light spell." Amity says turning away from the human. Luz closes her hands, effectively crashing the small ball of light. "But I've never seen it cast like that." Amity admits, looking at Luz. "It doesn't come naturally to me like it does for you." She holds up her notepad. "So I've had to improvise." Amity sighs, looking towards Yn who acts like he hasn't been listening, she draws a spell circle and grabs Luz's wrist putting her hand in the circle both of their hands glow yellow and the circle disappears. "The oath is unbound." she says getting up, walking away, and pulling Yn with her. "Did it work? Can I still learn magic?"

"Humans have no magical ability. But I doubt that'll stop you." Amity says looking back at her, before walking off, still dragging Yn with her.

"Nice meeting you, human." he calls, waving behind him.