Agony of a Witch

It was another trip for Hexside. But this one isn't one Yn was very happy to be going on but Willow and Gus had practically begged him to come on the trip. So this is how he'll be spending the day. "Luz, you ready for the field trip of a lifetime to the one, the only, Emperor's Castle?" Gus asks, holding up the information book that has the Emperor's sigil on, after seeing their human friend near them, smiling but looking a bit worried for someone. "Right, I was actually gonna stay behind. I don't like the way they treat Eda." Luz reasons with a frown on her face and looks away. But Gus then pushes the book into her face holding a page open. "But you're gonna miss out on all the cool stuff."

"Like what?"

"Like ancient relics." Willow takes the book out of Gus' hands and flips to the correct page. "Look! It's the Plant Coven's Green Thumb Gauntlet." It's a gauntlet that looks like wood. "It can grow whatever you imagine." The next page shows trees holding an owl, earning a hum from Luz. "And the Oracle Sphere. It shows you which path will help you become your best self." Gus points to a golden two-headed snake that's wrapped around a white ball. "'The Healing Hat. Made from the magic of the Savage Ages. It is said to cure the deadliest diseases and heal any curse'?" Luz reads out the book seeing a picture of a big witch's hat with a hand-like thing tied on. "Yeah, you can't miss this. Even Yn didn't want to go. But we have our ways." Willow smiles looking over to the boy who's sitting on the bus at the very back looking very unhappy with his arms crossed but also looks bonita with the purple flower crown on his hood.

The bus flies to the chests of the great Titan seeing a castle suspended in the centre balancing on some rocks. Yn felt his stomach feel with nerves and panic as the bus landed. He breathes deeply pulling his hood father trying to hide in the darkness it provides him with before following everyone on a bridge that grows from the other side and pulls them towards the Emperor's assistant, Kikimora. A small red person with green hair that looks like a hand that covers one of her eyes "Children of Hexside... Emperor Belos welcomes you to his castle. We're honoured by visits from students. You'll soon be a part of a coven. Some lucky few may even find their home here, " she points to the group of students. "In the mighty Emperor's Coven." She looks very proud of being there. "You are the future of the Isles. My job is to teach you its past."

Inside there were lots of guards and paintings on the wall predicting what the Emperor had done for the Isles. Kikimora starts giving the story of what Belos had done. "Today, the Isles are a place of peace and prosperity. But that wasn't always the case. Up until 50 years ago, witches and demons practised wild magic." She points to a painting of witches dancing around a fire. "During what we called the Savage Ages." They move on. "Witches had access to corrupt knowledge, and that dishonoured the Titan. That was until our great Emperor ascended to the throne." The next painting is of the Emperor holding a light as the Witches all look at him. "And taught witches how to use magic properly. Our next stop is the Emperor's personal collection of relics." She leads the group to another room. Willow, Yn and Gus turn to Luz. 

"Oh, Luz, you'll like this. It's where... Huh!" Willow stops talking, seeing Luz trying to pull off a grate in the wall. She chuckles nervously seeing her friends looking at her. "I ove me a properly ventilated castle.'' She put on an accent. A terrible accent. Yn rolls his eyes walking off to catch up with the group, while the others do the same, just this time Willow slips her hand into his, squeaking to reassure him although she has no idea why he is acting like this.

"The Relic room. These items are reminders of our great Emperor's overwhelming power." On each pillar was a relic for one of the Covens, they lit up one by one showing the importance. "From the curious and mighty..." Gus goes to the snake ball, "to the very handy." Willow and Yn go to the wood gauntlet. "And even the most valuable." Luz stares at the hat. "Come along, children." Willow pulls Yn along.