Keeping Up A-Fear-Ances

"It always starts the same way." A young Eda gasps awake, she sits up in darkness. "I wake up someplace dark." She turns around feeling something with her. "And then it appears." It's the owl beast, it screeches as its neck extends towards her. Eda screams and runs off, she starts painting as she runs some tears fall from her eyes. "Yn!"

"And eventually I wake up and I know I turned into that thing." Young Eda explains to someone in the Healing Coven. Eda was sitting on her bed, on the opposite wall is a second bed, for her best friend Yn, who was sitting next to her. But this Yn doesn't look like the older Yn, he doesn't have the scars around his neck and wrists. Eda's mother was also in the room. "I see. Here, take this." The man hands her a golden-coloured gem. "It will tell you when the beast's energy is bubbling to the surface. Also, I hear gems are quite fashionable for young witches." He smiles as Eda examines the gem. Yn looks at the stone, nodding, with a gentle smile on his face. "Oh, what a beautiful little stone. May I speak with you outside?" Eda's mother pulls the healer out of the young witches' room. "Just a minute, hon." She pulls the door closed only leaving a small crack. "What the heck was that?" Gwendolyn questions, clearly upset and angry. Eda gets off the bed and listens at the door. Yn watches and titles his head to the side, although his only been back in the Demon realm for just under two years and only really talks to the Clawthrones who were kind enough to let him stay after Gwendolyn found him, he knows that Eda's curse has put a strain on all of them and that Gwendolyn is trying everything she can to help her daughter, even joining the Beast Keeping Coven. "I thought you were in the Healing Coven, not the Bauble Brigade."

"Mrs Clawthorne, we have never seen a curse quite like this. I'm not sure it can be healed. Perhaps if we consult the Potions Coven, they may know a way to keep it at bay." The healer tells the women. "Keep it at bay? Oh, on. My daughter is suffering and I want the thing out! Cut it out if you have to." Eda gasps and starts to panic, Yn's ears flatten onto his head and he carefully walks over to the girl holding her in his arms trying to calm her heavy breathing. She looks past Yn's shoulder seeing the window above her bed.

The two witches run hand in hand through the forest coming across a very old wall with an archway and gate. Their running turns to walking, "I never knew this was back here. Is this where mom found you?" Eda looks up at the slightly taller boy, he nods his head. "Still not much of a talker, are you?" Yn smiles.

"No." The two continue to look into each other's eyes, a bright gold and soft YCE, however, the nice moment was ruined when Eda tripped over something. Yn laughs out loud, and Eda also joins in. Eda, still slightly laughing, looks at what she tripped on, sitting half of a briefcase stinking up from the dirt. She grabs the yellow handle and pulls it from the dirt and wipes off the dirt, showing a cracked yellow eye. The eye starts to flash and unfolded itself, an eye turns in the lock and the door opens showing a liquid of gold, black and dark brown before it transforms into something out of the human realm. "The human realm." Yn mumbles, Eda looks at her friend and back at the door. "What?" In the distance, they both heard their names being called by Gwendolyn. Eda looks at the door and then Yn before taking his hand and pulling him through. The door closes behind them and folds back up. It blinks before disappearing.

~~~

Yn wakes up in his room, not having the best of sleep but enough in his mind. He groans as he sits up, some of his white hair falls over one of his eyes. He rubs his eyes before stretching. One of his ears flickers hearing a board creek. He looks towards the door, seeing King "King?" he asks before seeing his dark blue beanie in his hands "King! Give it back!" Yn throws over his blanket off him and chases after King. King squeaks as he runs down the steps, "King, give it back or I'll rip your horn off!" Yn threatened, Luz had glued the broken half of the horn back onto his head. "No! You look better without it." King slides into the living where everyone else seems to be. Luz quickly covers her eyes as Yn runs in. King runs up to Eda, "King if you think using Eda for protection is going to work, spoilers it won't." Yn then tackles Eda to the floor and grabs King. His hat lands at Luz's feet. "Whoa." Yn looks up, meeting eyes with the human. He grumbles as he gets off Eda and drops King onto the wooden floor. "He's right, you look better without." Luz smiles holding out his hat. Yn blushes before quickly taking it and putting it on. "She's right, Yn." Eda tells him then brushes off her red dress. Yn breathes in deeply, wiping any dust from his Bad Girl Coven shirt. He didn't say anything, just sat down on the sofa and crossed his arms. Eda playfully rolls her eyes before walking outside with Luz.