Chapter 5

Lilly was in completely dark void, nothing there, just black. She's just floating in place where there's nothing there, thinking she's asleep Lilly gave in and started to drift off. But suddenly Lilly had some of her nightmares reappear whenever she was sleeping.... well trying to sleep. Those damned nightmares keeping knocking at her consciousness and violently break down her mental doors.

Her two week long torture during her service while almost having no sleep while in only in her bra and underwear.

Violent battles she partook in.

Losing many friends.

During a mission when she first joined the Shadows Lilly did for the Arc council when she ended an entire town, including a whole house full of elderly and children. All slain by her hand.

Her parents died before she even made it back home. They were killed in a violent car crash while she was in recovery from her two week torture then finally being saved after nearly being mentally broken but she didn't and didn't give any info despite being in the greatest pain she ever felt.

Then trying to deal with it all alone. She kept herself away from her dearest friends because she didn't want them to deal with her emotional baggage. So Lilly decides to deal with all of it alone.

The only thing that has helped her smile and somewhat reel her back to her original self was her friends that were like her own siblings like Jaune Arc and his beloved Violet Evergarden for example. They manage to bring back her old self deep down within her cold blue eyes.

Lilly started to stir when she heard muffled screaming, it sounds so familiar but Lilly can't place it. No matter how hard she focuses on the voice she still can't tell who it is nor can she even open her eyes.

But one thing she does hear is some type of rattling and some tribal like chanting next to the screaming voice.

----------------------------------------------

Juniper was being dragged into the deeper reaches of the Colakal Forest, while her arm was trapped in this giant wolves maw she tried getting her left arm out of the mouth but she couldn't, it had it's vice grip jaws were clamped hard on her left arm. As much as she wanted to use her magic to or great strength but unfortunately even if she wanted to Juniper had a feeling she'd either kill or severely maim this beast. As the wolf continues running but it reaches a grassy clearing where the suns finally beating down on them through the canopy, but the wolf stops in the middle of the clearing and throws Juniper out of its maw. Now free from the maw of this beast Juniper resituated herself from and manages to land on one knee.

After finally being able to stand up and not be dragged all over the place like a doll, Juniper gets into a battle stance and is ready to fight this absurdly large wolf. But what's off is her left arms armor, it was scratch and had some scars on it from this beasts teeth. Juniper focused back onto the large wolf and it was doing the same to her but with its head lowered while growling loudly while showing it's teeth.

Juniper: "This thing is deadly, it can scratch and scar Beskar, possibly even penetrating it. It's jaws are strong and the same could be said for it's teeth, it looks like it's teeth aren't damaged or missing."

The two continue to circle each other waiting for the other to make a move. Juniper decided to strike first. The Empress did a quick and deadly blast of magical energy at the beast in a surprise attack. It sent the wolf back squealing in agony but just as quick it managed to get right back up and it looked even more enraged than it already was. Juniper decided to use her other option, she had a hidden sidearm hidden at the back of her armor, if that blast wasn't strong enough to kill it, then this will.