Chapter 1

Far far away from every known corner of the island of the first spinjitsu master, there was a lonely village. People in this area didn't know what was electricity or any secret of the glorious history of their existence. It was a peaceful place where everyone is minding their own business. Especially a young brunette with spiky hair known as Kai Smith, the blacksmith. He has a younger sister names Nya Smith. After the disappearance of their parents, they lived on their own. Kai was only 6 years old when he had given up his opportunity to join other kids in town's school. Luckily, he was enough skilled in his young age of basic blacksmithing so they got at least some food for their mouths. Unfortunately, on bitter days, Kai had to fall really low enough to actually steal. Noone ever saw him because he was too small to be noticed. Not that he minded. They had their own problems as it is, but it wouldn't be heavily overprotective Kai to leave a small kid freezing one night near his blacksmith shop.

Brunette let out a tired sigh. Finally, he finished his work for a day and could close the shop. Nya was cooking today. He was glad for Nya's help, but he still thought that she should be more focus on her studies than on home's chores. That was Kai's responsibility. He shook his head. Now it wasn't the time to think like that. Nya made a good point when she told him she will cook tonight. He needed at least one minor break and also she had to learn how to live on her own too. Kai chuckled., My sister was always the bes- huh?

He heard a slight sniffing sound. He couldn't have imagined it, right? He looked out of the window and there was a small kid covered in a black cape. He couldn't see his face, but he could tell that the kid was really young. He looked around. Where were the kid's parents? Well, he can ask.

With that, he left the building and took some steps toward a trembling child. He noticed how they twitched. So he didn't need to make his presence known. The kid already was glaring at him with bright red eyes. Red eyes? Well, that will be really interesting, but he can ask later. Kai narrowed his eyes at the little boy in front of him, who immediately stood up to face him. Kai was much bigger than the boy. It was obvious he wasn't really eating that much. Not that Kai was any better. He was smaller than many other teenagers his age, but also stronger. This boy with unique eyes was even smaller than he was and that took him a lot of energy not to punch someone in the face.

"What do you want?!" yelled the kid. Okay, Kai, you can punch something later. Now there is a kid who needs your help. ,,Where are your parents, shortie?" asked the brunette. He raised an eyebrow when the boy in front of him twitched. ,,i... I don't know... but if you hurt me, my father will destroy you!" he yelled at him. Kai was really trying not to roll his eyes. He was trying to help, but unfortunately, this kid had to annoy him by some low threat. ,,Yeah? And how is he going to kill me if you don't know where he is?" he couldn't help but laugh when he blushed with embarrassment. But he glared at him again ,,My father is Lord Garmadon! You should fear me, not laugh at me!" Now Kai was really laughing. He believed the boy that his father was the darkest creature to be known in this world, but he couldn't help it. That kid really thought that monster would actually care about his child if he would leave him to freeze and starve to death? When he looked at the kid again, he saw the slight confusion, but also anger. ,,You don't believe me?!" Kai calmed himself down and kneeled down so he could make an eye contact with him. ,,I do actually. I just don't care. But seriously, do you have someone to take care of you or you just enjoy freezing out here?" he raised his eyebrow in question. He didn't answer right away, but Kai could guess right away that he was all alone. ,,Noone is taking care of me. And I don't need help! I am perfectly fine on my own!" the kid crossed his arms in obvious challenge. Well, he had to give him that. The kid had guts, but he still wasn't able to leave him here like that. He knew he wouldn't go if he told him he wanted only to help. So.. he had to use a little of big brother mischief he learned over the years. Kai smirked and got up ,,Of course. If you believe that but I thought maybe you would be interested in eating with me and my sister. My sister is cooking for the first time and she would be happy to take more opinions that from her big brother." Then he shrugged and turned around, walking back ,,But if you don't want to-'' ,,Wait!" he stopped. He smirked and faced him the small child again. ,,Yes?" brunette asked innocently. He saw the unsureness in the kids' eyes but he shook his head and faced him ,,i.. I would be.. glad to join..." he said, obviously freezing. Kai smiled and walked up to him. Boy narrowed his eyes but didn't protest when he got picked up. Kai took him in his arms and covered him in his jacket.

He knew he was uneasy, but the small boy lied his head on his shoulder and let the warmest to surround him. He yawned. ,,Before you actually fall asleep on me, kid. What's your name?" asked Kai when he started walking inside to his house. ,,Hm?.... Lloyd... Lloyd Garmadon." Then he falls asleep. Kai chuckled and took him inside. ,,Nice to meet you, kid.."

Well look at that! My first story written in english ^^ Hopefully you like it and if you will find some mistakes in the story then please let me know and cya! :D