Chapter 9

Kai finally came home. He looked around and wasn't surprised when he didn't see them. He sighed and put some apples on kitchen table. Unfortunately, in the market no one wanted to sell him anything. So, he stole those apples from one of his mean neighbors. He isn't worth mentioning further than that. If he didn't meet miss Lee he would probably reconsider to just come back and do something worse. He smirks at the imagination of the house covered in their own eggs from their chicken coup.

Oh right. Miss Lee wanted help. He probably should tell his siblings about it. He hoped they would think of it as a fun activity. With a sigh he started to climb the stairs when he came face to face his brother. Lloyd looked at him with unemotional face except one. Kai felt the sadness pouring out of his brother. Lloyd had a pleading expression. Kai got out of his way. Something told him to not ask how he is doing. He could see it. Lloyd went around him and left the house. Brunette's eyes followed him until couldn't see him. It didn't take long for Nya to appear next to him. She took his hand without a word, and he squeezed her hand in supportive way.

The teenager with bright blue eyes growled quietly. "It's like we went to square one. Like almost the moment we met Lloyd. Why he can't just be a normal kid instead his father is the evillest being in the entire universe." Kai side-eyed her and let go of her hand. She wanted to protest but got cut of when he simply put his hand around her shoulder. Nya slightly leaned on him and placed her head under his chin.

Kai slowly leaded her to their couch and sat down with her. Nya lied her head down on his chest. Both of them simply watching the fire in their fireplace.

And Kai started to braid her hair calming her down. She always loved moments like this. Just relaxing with her big brother in total silence, enjoying each other's presence. But this time it wasn't really relaxing. Her little innocent brother got just bullied for stupid reason. It's not like Kai would just disappear out of her life like their parents. Same thing like Lloyd wouldn't became the next dark lord. Kai slightly shifted and open his mouth to speak. "Miss Lee invited us to her home." Nya chuckled. "Let me guess. She wants us to pick up something in her garden and then she would share what she would bake from it." Kai laughed. "You guessed it." Nya grins but in the next moment turned to their window hoping to see Lloyd coming back.

Kai followed her gaze. "He will come back. And if not, I would go searching for him." Nya nodded but she was still worried about their little brother.

🔥🔥🔥

Lloyd kicked little rock in his way. He yells his frustration out. He knows he should have stayed at home, but he needed some space. He remembered when he was heading to the village through the forest. It was months but he still remembered it. He was running away from something. He doesn't know what, but it was fast. Luckily when he got into the village it just disappeared. And after that he tried to find some help, but nobody cared. Well until he met Kai. Kai led him to his home and introduced him to his new sister. He couldn't believe how he got so lucky.

Then he stopped. He groaned. They must be worried sick about him. Kai gave him space, but he is probably calming Nya down as he thinks. He forgot how Nya almost cried with him. She was really trying to cheer him up, but he was rude to her.

"I should come home..." He tried to go back when he noticed something in the bushes. He narrowed his eyes. His red eyes glowed brightly. "Who is there?!" He yells.

There was a chuckle that made him freeze on the spot.

🔥🔥🔥

Nya was pacing around the house in cold sweat. Lloyd didn't come home at least for two hours. He wasn't really exploring before so he couldn't know how it looked around here. She was shaking slightly in worry. She has to calm down it wouldn't help him anyway.