Chapter 8 (updated)

Kai was furious. Those kids were lucky that miss Higgens was there or he would murder them right on the spot. How could they hurt his little brother? He was the sweetest thing that ever lived.

He sighed. The oldest looked at the stairs. Nya was with Lloyd and she was trying to make him smile. He was with them, but he had to put out some steam. Or he would punch a wall. He growled and turned to the door. Maybe he could go to the market to buy some sweets for Lloyd. It could cheer him up.

He nodded to himself and head out.

🔥🔥🔥

She was absolutely exhausted. But she was also bloodthirsty. Someone just hurted her little brother. The little sunshine who is currently not speaking and he is also starring at the wall completely unaware of her.

She sighed "Lloyd?" He didn't respond. Nya was worried about him. He was never quiet like this. He was usually pouting, when he was upset, but after some minutes he was throwing sarcasm at everyone at him. The black-haired girl clenched her teeth. They did this to him. She was watching him closely when she moved closer to him and hugged him. 

He grabbed into her t-shirt and sniffed. She could see that he was trying to hold his tears. She kissed top of his head while she was holding him in her arms. "Come on. Let it out." It worked like a charm. In the next moment he was crying really hard. "Why did they hate me?" He sniffed. She took a deep breath and made him looked at her. Nya wiped his cheek with her thumb to get rid of his tears. It didn't help but she didn't care. "No no Lloyd they didn't hate you but-" She stopped. It didn't feel right to tell him why they attacked him like that. Geez why is the news spreading so fast. The mail man can't never get on time, but news is at the other side of the town not even in four hours.

"You mean my father." He stated. She wanted to protest but he was too clever for his young age. She sighed and nodded. "I am so sorry Lloyd. I know it sucks." He scoffed. "So they want to hurt me because of my relative. Great..." Nya sighed. She squeezed him little more her hug and tried to cheer him up. "But you can look at the bright side!" She tries. Lloyd turned to her with raised eyebrow. "Humour me, sis. Because I don't see anything positive." Nya widens her eyes. She didn't expect him to ask. She looked around the room quickly. "W...well... um... that miss Heggins is on your side?" Lloyd looks annoyed. "I don't see the point of the positive but thanks, Nya..." Lloyd sighed and hid under his blanket.

Nya shut her mouth and worriedly look at the door.

Cone on Kai hurry up...

🔥🔥🔥

Kai was walking from the town I really bad mood when he heard his name from behind him. When he turned to look and yell at the person that he doesn't want to talk untill he noticed who it was. "Oh hello, miss Lee" Kai greeted. Miss Lee was an elderly woman with bright grey hair long to her shoulders. Her eyes were the strangest thing about her. Her eyes don't have the same color. Meanwhile when her left eye has natural brown, the other is bright purple. But her personality was confusing very often too. Now don't get him wrong. She is very kind woman in her sixties. But she sometimes started to talk about some things that happened to her in her childhood that didn't make sense.

Miss Lee always started to tell him about her so-called powers and how she was able to shape-shift into people and stuff. That she used to be an elemental master. That was losing it already. Kai sighed. She was strange but of all adults except the headmaster she was kind to him and Nya. She even sometimes helped Kai to make sure he could handle Nya. He was a kid too and had to grow up faster than it was healthy and miss Lee made it easier.

The oldest Smith smiled and walked to the older woman closer. "Is there something you need?" The woman watched him closely. "What's wrong, fire kid? You look worse than the snakes I fought all those years ago!" Kai ignores the comparison and sighs. "I didn't have the best day... I took my little brother to school, and he already got bullied on his first day!" He growls in frustration.

Miss Lee nodded. "Well and why did they do it?" She asked kindly. He had a feeling she already knew. Besides her odd behavior and true stories as she claims she is very wise. And he would be lying if he said that she didn't save him from doing a mistake in his past. Kai looked at her sadly. "Because they think that Lloyd is his father." Miss Lee raises her eyebrow. "And is he?" Kai widens his eyes and yells. "Of course not!" Then he remembers who he is speaking to and apologizes for his outburst. She smiles. "And do they know that?" Kai shook his head and watched her confused. "Well then, your brother should show them that. His father is the dark lord. You all could know already it wouldn't be that easy." She crosses her arms.

He was shocked. He knew it but he didn't predict that situation. He groans. "I messed up huh?" He growls to himself. "That's why you are human." Kai wanted to ask her what she meant by that but then she suddenly clapped her hands, and he shuts up.

"Now why don't you kids help me on my farm? I am in the mood to make blueberry pie, but I need to pick blueberries first! And that's so much work." She groans dramatically. Kai wanted to say something, but she cuts him off. "So bring your siblings and pick them from my garden and I'll let you bring some of the pie home." Then she walked off.

Kai stood there watching the place where she once was. What just happened? He shook his head. It might be a good distraction for them.

The brunette smiled slightly and left to pick up his siblings.

Hello!
Yes I am alive. And I am really sorry it took longer than expected 😢 I am really bad at keeping promises huh? But anyway I hope you enjoyed it and what do you think about our new character ? :3 Hope you find her interesting c:

(UPDATE) Hi! Sorry about this but i had to make some changes in the story not much but so it would make sense in the next chapter and also I noticed some bad grammar so I fixed it. For example I changed the fact that before Kai met Miss Lee he was going from the town not to the town.
TBC