Chapter 10

"They are gone for too long." The raven-haired girl was mumbling to herself. Kai told her to stay home in case, but it's starting to get to her. It's dark already. Kai left two hours ago and it's pitch-black outside. The sun has set little more than an hour ago. What if they got attacked? What if they- She really hoped that they were okay. What if Kai didn't find Lloyd yet? What if he needs her? What if they-

Knock knock

Soft knocking saved her from another horrifying thoughts. She ran to the front door with determined face to give Kai piece of her mind. But the moment she opened the door, her words got cut in her throat. It wasn't Kai who stood in front of her. It was- “Well? Aren't you going to let me in, young lady?" spoke miss Lee. Nya blinked and smiled to hide her slight disappointment. "Of course, miss Lee." she stepped aside to let the elderly woman in. "Did you travel in that darkness?" Nya asked surprised.

The unexpected visitor sat down on the sofa and looked around. When she heard her tone of surprise, she shot her a stern look "What? Because I am an elder I can't automatically walk in the village at night?" Nya raised her hands in surrender. “No... I was just surprised that came here so late in the evening." She easily lied. The older woman continued to watch her sternly and after some minutes she smiles. "I wanted to know when I should expect you?" Nya stood there confused for a moment and then widens her eyes and starts to play with her hair nervously. “I am so sorry, miss Lee. I totally forgot Kai told me about your agreement. But…our little brother hasn’t come home yet, and Kai went looking for him...." The raven-haired girl said worried. “How long are they gone?” Asked the elderly woman. She looked at her with sympathy. “I..I.. I think they are gone for at least four hours now "Nya answered with tears in the corner of her eyes. Miss Lee invites her into hug. Nya accepts the hug without complains. “There…there…. your brothers will be alright, don't worry." The elderly woman said with confidence. The raven-haired girl nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

🔥🔥🔥

Lloyd didn't know what to do. He wanted to yell at his father that he abandoned him, but he also wanted to ask him why. Why didn't he care about him? Why is he the way he is? Where is his mother? How does she look like? Why didn't he come for him? What did he do for them to hate him?

He hissed through his teeth and grabbed his head in frustration. So many thoughts flew through his mind. That was until his big brother put his hand on his shoulder. Lloyd turned to look at his brother with pleading eyes. Kai instantly hugged him and looked at the skeletons. “I will take the mirror until he will make his mind. This is too much for him to think about this now. “The skeletons looked at each other and shrugged. They gave it to him and started leaving. “We will tell our master that you took the mirror little Garmadon and that you are thinking about the offer.” Then both bowed to them before they ran away.
Lloyd sighed in relief and hugged Kai to his side. “This day sucks.” Kai laughed and hugged him back before he picked him up. “It totally is. But we really should get back now. Nya is probably worried sick especially because it is dark already.” Lloyd nodded and hid his face in the crook of his neck.
It didn’t take long before he went limp in his brother’s arms.

🔥🔥🔥

Miss Lee stayed for a long time with Nya telling her some things about how people were in her teens. Nya laughed but she still had her siblings at the back of her mind. But miss Lee helped a lot from her horrifying imagines.
Then there was sound of opening doors. Nya immediately jumped from her seat and literally ran into the hallway. She sighed in relief when she saw Kai with her little brother in his arms. Kai smiled at her warmly. “Sorry it took us that long. He really knows how to hide.” He jokes. The raven-haired girl came up to him and kisses Lloyd on top of his head. Lloyd stirred in his sleep and smiled a little. Nya chuckles and ruffles Kai’s hair. “Next time I am coming too.” The oldest let her touch his hair and nodded. “Hopefully there won’t be next time.”