Pilot

Every summer over at 2308 Maple Drive was better than the last. The legendary denizens of that house were child genius'. This story is not about them, not entirely at least. They are however who we will be starting off this story with.

"Ah the first day of summer" Phineas Flynn sighed happily as he and his green haired brother Ferb Fletcher lay against the tree in their backyard. "Nothing beats this, right Ferb?"

Ferb just nodded silently in response as he closed his eyes and relaxed

Ferb just nodded silently in response as he closed his eyes and relaxed. Phineas did the same

However the two boys were quickly pulled out of their relaxation a moment later as they heard a car quickly hit the brakes and honk its horn. This was quickly followed by a loud argument that the boys couldn't seem to make out.

"Well it was nice for a moment" Phineas shrugged as he stood up. "Usually people have shown up here by now, where is everyone?"

"Stacy is inside with Candace, Baljeet is in psychology camp, Buford is heading to psychology camp to pick on Baljeet, and Isabella is helping her step-brother move into their house" Ferb spoke in his British accent.

"Wow. That's a lot of speaking compared to your usua- wait Isabella has a brother?" Phineas asked as he wondered how Ferb knew that and he didn't, she always talked to him more than Ferb.

Ferb simply shrugged.

"Maybe we should go offer to help?" Phineas spoke, prompting Ferb to stand up.

By the time the two had made it to the front of house the commotion that had interrupted their relaxation was over and done with. The two boys quickly crossed the street before walking up to and knocking on their friends door.

It opened after a moment to reveal Isabella Garcia-Shapiro. "Phineas! Watcha doin'?" She asked with a confused look. Ferb was used to not being mentioned by Isabella at this point so he didn't take any offense.

"We came to offer our help" Phineas replied with a smile

"We came to offer our help" Phineas replied with a smile. "With your brothers move that is"

"Well that's nice of you" the girl smiled in return as she glanced backwards into the house. Her chihuahua, Pinky, was walking by. "But we don't actually need it"

 "But we don't actually need it"

"Oh"

"Yeah... he didn't bring much stuff and what he did bring he insisted on dealing with himself" she spoke with a small frown. "I don't think he likes me very much"

Phineas shook his head. "I'm sure that's not true" he decided to move away from this part of this subject. "I didn't know you had a brother"

"Oh! Neither did I until a week or two ago" Isabella replied, keeping her small frown. "Apparently he's from my dads first marriage. His mother got full custody for whatever reason and now that she's been arrested he has to stay with us"

"Wow" Phineas nodded slowly. Ferb just blinked. "What was she arrested for?"

"Drug usage, drunk driving, theft, child endangerment. The list goes on" It became quieter after that as nobody really knew what to say. "Apparently some of that stuff is the reason my dad and her got divorced in the first place"

"It's a wonder she got full custody in the first place" Ferb spoke up causing the other two to nod in agreement.

It was silent once again. "Anyways..." Phineas started as he tried to figure out a way away from the crime talk. "Where's Pinky?" Isabella quickly looked behind her and noticed the dog was in fact gone.

—————————————————————

Up in what had previously been the guest room of the Garcia-Shapiro household but was now his own bedroom, (y/n) Shapiro unpacked his bags. He did not want to be here but he hadn't had a say in the matter.

The boy was just finishing placing the last of his clothing in his closet when he heard a knock on his door. He ignored it but a moment later the knock was repeated. He sighed before walking to the door and opening it.

"Hey" Isabella smiled awkwardly. "I'm heading across the street to hang out with my friends"

"And you're telling me because..?" (Y/n) asked as he leaned against the doorframe.

"I wanted to see if you would like to come with" she replied with a hopeful look.

"Come with? To hang out with a few- what are you? Nine years old?" Isabella nodded. "Yeah... I'll stick to unpacking"

Isabella frowned but nodded. "Alright..." (y/n) watched as Isabella turned around and slowly walked away. He backed up and closed the door.

(Y/n) shook his head before moving on to unpacking his few other things. There wasn't much so he was done pretty quickly. He looked around the room. "Maybe I can extort any residual guilt my father has in order to get some stuff to spruce this room up"

He heard another knock on the door. He sighed before opening it to see Isabella once again. "My friends could probably help with making the room look cool!"

"Were you just standing out there waiting for me to say something like that?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms.

"Yep" Isabella admitted with a nod.

"Not earning any points by stalking me, you realize that right?" Isabella nodded slowly as she lost her smile. "Good" he slammed the door in her face.

"They have a sister your age!" Isabella called through the door.

"Don't care!" (Y/n) called back. After a moment he finally heard the faint sound of Isabella walking away. "Who needs a friend when I have a phone?" The boy talked to himself as he pulled the phone from his pocket. "Oh. No battery" he frowned before quickly plugging it in and leaving it on the floor.

The boy stood there for a while unsure of what to do. He glanced towards the door but stayed put.

He sat down on the floor against the wall and sighed as he put his head in his hands. It was to early to tell if he'd enjoy this summer or if it would be like every other, it wasn't looking good though.

Word count: 1098

(Thoughts on this first chapter? I went through a lot of these and this was the best out of them. Hopefully it'll get better)

(At the end of every chapter there will be a song that has something to do with the chapter, whether it's because it's sung by a character or because it has a connection to the plot. Just my way of introducing you to music you may not know)