Hospital

"What happened Phineas?" Melissa asked as she sat next to the boy in the hospital waiting room.

"Well (y/n) was driving fine until we got near Milo's house. Then there was this whole weird chain of events and you know the rest" Phineas replied with a shrug as he glanced at the door that lead towards where the boys were being kept.

Melissa sighed as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "If the worst can happen it will" she muttered.

Right now the boys families were inside making sure they were both alright. Only when they were done and gave permission to the doctors would other visitors such as Melissa and Phineas be allowed inside.

"Do you think they're alright?" Phineas asked after a minute of silence, his voice sounding worried.

"Milo has survived worse" Melissa replied matter of factly. "(Y/n) though... I don't know" she shook her head and took Phineas' hand in her own, whether this was meant to comfort him or herself Melissa wasn't sure. "I'm sure he'll be fine" she spoke, not sounding super convinced.

"He seemed pretty bad" Phineas replied.

"He'll be fine" Melissa repeated herself. "He was conscious all the way here, that's a good sign"

—————————————————————

An hour later the boys family's had left, aside from Isabella who didn't have to go to work, and Phineas and Melissa were allowed inside.

As they entered the room Melissa's eyes were quickly drawn to the two boys. Milo was awake and talking to Isabella while (y/n) was asleep.

"How are you doing Milo?" Melissa asked.

"Nothing I haven't experienced before" Milo replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

Melissa nodded. "And how's (y/n)?" She asked nervously as she walked over to said boys bed and looked him over.

"Concussed" Isabella replied sounding more calm than Melissa. "They said he should be waking up soon"

"Right but is it bad?" Melissa asked, sounding a bit annoyed at how vague Isabella was being.

"He'll be fine" Milo spoke. "Doctor Hirano said there shouldn't be any permanent damage"

"He's gonna be pretty out of it for a while though" Isabella added in.

"Turn off the lights or I'm pulling out all of the nearest persons hair" Melissa quickly looked down to see (y/n) had just woken up and was using his hand to cover his eyes. Phineas quickly ran to do as the boy requested. "Thank you" he spoke as he uncovered his eyes since the light was no longer there to hurt them.

"How are you feeling?" Melissa asked as she looked down at him. His eyes were glazed over and expressionless.

"Pain" was all (y/n) replied as he grabbed his forehead with his hand. "If this is life it isn't worth living"

Melissa shook her head before realizing something. She took the boys hand in her own to try and keep him calm as she spoke. "This may not be the best time to mention it but you're sharing this hospital room with Milo"

(Y/n) turned his head so quickly he almost threw up from the motion mixed with his concussion. Milo just smiled and waved. "Hi!" The boy yelled before cringing from the pain the loud noise caused him. "Ow"

That had not been the reaction to that news that anyone had expected. "Wow he really is out of it" Melissa laughed a bit before the boy turned his head to look at her again.

"Are you an angel?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What?" Melissa asked as she stifled a laugh.

"An angel. I heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe"

"He's flirting in movie quotes now?" Isabella laughed, silently wishing Phineas would do that with her.

"That was a movie quote?" (Y/n) asked as he glanced over at Isabella.

"You think you've talked to deep space pilots?" Melissa countered, causing the boy to look back at her again.

"I have" Phineas shrugged.

"Maybe?" (Y/n) replied, ignoring Phineas. "I can't really tell the difference between fiction and reality at the moment"

"Yeah I figured that out" Melissa responded as she pulled her hand away from the boys hand after realizing she was still holding it. The boy looked disappointed but didn't comment on it.

"Why are you still standing?" (Y/n) quickly changed the subject. "Grab some seat" he motioned towards a few chairs by the wall.

"Grab some seat?" Melissa gave the boy a confused look and just sat down on the side of his bed and looked at him. "I think you're missing a few words there"

"Mhm" (y/n) nodded as he gripped his head again. "We're in a hospital, you'd think I could get some pain killers" he muttered as he hit his head. Melissa quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"If you want painkillers we can call a nurse. Just stop hitting yourself okay?" She asked which in turn prompted the boy to nod in agreement.

Soon after Phineas went to find a nurse and came back with some painkillers and a cup of water. "Here you go" he said as he placed them in the boys hands.

"Thanks triangle head" (y/n) nodded before quickly taking the medicine. He placed what was left of the water on the bedside table.

"Better?" Isabella asked.

"Nope" (y/n) frowned.

"It's not instant" Melissa explained. "It'll take effect soon enough"

"Okay" (y/n) huffed before going wide eyed a moment later. "Now it's working" he giggled. "I feel great" he grabbed Melissa's hand. "I can see why people get addicted to this" he laughed harder.

"Right..." Melissa nodded, unsure of what he found so funny. She glanced at Isabella who just shrugged. She then turned back to (y/n). "Is this the concussion or the medicine?"

"Yes!" (Y/n) continued to laugh as he squeezed her hand.

"I don't think I've ever seen him so happy" Isabella whispered. "It's freaky"

"I think it's kinda cute to see him so happy" Melissa shrugged as she squeezed the boys hand back.

"It's definitely good to see him happy" Phineas nodded as Milo agreed.

"If I squint my eyes everything looks old timey" (y/n) giggled as he squinted at Melissa.

Word count: 1045