Party Prep

"(Y/n)?" Isabella knocked on the boys door before quickly peaking inside and spotting him slipping his shoes on. "I'm headed to Phineas'"

"Alright" boy replied as he stood up and grabbed his phone before putting it in his pocket. "I'm headed to Vanessa's to help set up for the party"

"You? helping?" Isabella asked unconvinced.

"Her dad was going to do it himself but then Murphy and Chase offered to help-"

"I thought you didn't want to be around Milo?"

"Well maybe you should let me finish talking then" (y/n) replied as he crossed his arms. "Anyways now Milo is in the hospital so Melissa asked Vanessa for my number and asked me if I could help instead" before Isabella could get her next question out (y/n) added on. "She said Milo is fine. Just being treated for radiation burns"

"How is that fine?"

"Don't ask me" (y/n) replied before walking past Isabella and out his door. "Candace will drive you to the party when it's time"

—————————————————————

(Y/n) pressed the button in the elevator and prayed that it wouldn't break down like it had the last time he had been in it.

Soon enough the elevator doors opened and the boy was quick to step out. He had been here before so he quickly avoided the pizza delivery man trap and went to the main room which was where Melissa had told him to come.

"(Y/n)!" The boy turned his head and noticed Melissa and Doctor Doofenshmirtz filling black and grey balloons with helium on the other side of the room.

"Hey Melissa. Hey Doctor D" (y/n) spoke as he walked over to them.

"Hello Vanessa's friend boy" Vanessa's father replied without looking to him. (y/n) gave Melissa a confused look.

 (y/n) gave Melissa a confused look

"He calls me Milo's friend girl. You get used to it" she spoke before grabbing the boys arm. "Come on, you can help me put up the happy birthday banner"

"This all seems a bit... light for Vanessa" (y/n) spoke as the two walked towards where there were a couple ladders and a big banner.

"Should we only put out the black balloons?" Doctor D quickly asked.

"I was thinking maybe getting rid of the pink streamers on the ceiling" (y/n) replied.

"Believe it or not this is apparently him toning it down" Melissa replied with a shrug. "He has a bunch of pictures from previous parties and they're way more over the top"

"So no disco balls then?" (y/n) spoke as he picked up one end of the banner and started making his way up the ladder, getting a bit freaked out being off the ground but trying to ignore it.

"You jest but apparently there was one last year" Melissa quickly threw the boy a thing of tape that he quickly caught before doing the same thing he was.

It only took a moment to put the banner up and as soon it was up (y/n) was back on the ground. "So what else is there to do?"

"Here, take this" At some point Doctor Doofenshmirtz must have walked over to them. He held out what looked like a complicated gun.

"Alright" (y/n) nodded as he grabbed the device. "What is it?"

"It's my goth-inator! Anything it shoots immediately- well, it's in the name really. Point is shoot it at anything that doesn't feel good enough for the party" He spoke as he began walking away to put up more decorations.

"Sweet!" (Y/n) quickly aimed the gun at one of the pink streamers on the ceiling. He shot and the black beam that came out quickly turned the streamer black with little skulls on it. "Does this work on people?"

"It does"

"Don't even think about it" Melissa quickly spoke as (y/n) kept shooting streamers.

"It has a reverse button! You're no fun" (y/n) stuck his tongue out at the girl prompting her to throw a roll of tape at him. "Ow"

"Oh don't be a baby, we both know that didn't hurt" Melissa spoke as she got back on her ladder and started hanging up some neat looking things (y/n) didn't know the name of.

(Y/n) just slowly aimed the inator at Melissa. "Don't-" she didn't even have time to finish before she was shot.

"Wow" (y/n) couldn't hold back his smile as he looked the girl over. She now had black hair, a long black dress with a spider web design all over it, black lipstick, and a fake nose piercing. She was also much more pale than she had been before.

Melissa quickly looked down at herself. "Get me a mirror. If I look rediculous-"

"You don't" (y/n) quickly said as he pulled out his phone and opened the camera app before holding it up.

"I look ridiculous" Melissa spoke before glaring at the boy.

"You look adorable" (y/n) spoke, trying not to laugh.

"No, you look ridiculous" Doctor Doofenshmirtz agreed with Melissa before going back to what he was doing.

Malissa turned her attention back from Doof to the boy only to see he was taking pictures of her. "Hey!"

"Come on. This is something everyone is going to want to see" (y/n) spoke as he put his phone back in his pocket.

Melissa rolled her eyes. "Just change me back"

"Fine" (y/n) spoke as he flipped the reverse switch and shot the girl again, making her go back to normal. Melissa quickly looked down at herself. "Happy?"

"No longer as annoyed as I was a second ago" Melissa corrected as she pulled a strand of her hair in front of her eyes to make sure it was orange. "If I were to go goth that is not the style I'd go with"

"Is that something you think about?" (Y/n) asked which prompted the girl to just shrug in response. "Okay then" the boy replied before going back to shooting things with the gun.

Word count: 1024

(Took long enough to introduce the best character. Anyways here's some relationship advice from Doof)