↬့◗Various Characters | Trace Pt. I ⾎☽︎

Thriller, AU

Thriller, AU

one by one people from the village suddenly missing

"It's already twice this week ! Are you saying we're not going to investigate about this case !?" I throw a pile of files on Childe table, I know it's rude to do this to my own superior but he's getting on my nerves

I throw a pile of files on Childe table, I know it's rude to do this to my own superior but he's getting on my nerves. He just sighed because this isn't my first time complained about this case.
"You know I can't give this case to you."
I rolled my eyes, "yeah you said that couple of times." I scoffed.

"You know that I am the only one in this building who can solve this case, then why hesitate !? You said that I have the ability that nobody else have, so let me prove it." He looked at me for a moment, "okay fine. I don't know why you obsessed about this case y/n, just come back alive."
He give me the file, "do it with your partner."

"Of course I will, thanks Childe !" I walk out of his room with the file in my hand. Obsessed he said ? Yeah I do I really do, because this case happened in my hometown, the chief himself already called us for help 2 weeks ago, this case reminded me of the murder that happened when I was 12 year old. The victim stabbed 20 times, skinned face, and there was an X mark on their neck.

I walk to my shared office and I saw my partner Zhongli writing on his desk.
"Zhongli, guess what ?" I move a chair to sit next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.
"you succeed in persuading Childe to give you the case ?" I smirked and give him the file, "bingo !" He opened it and read it, since there's only a few information about this case he finished read it in 7 minutes.

"Now I know why you always wanted this case." He stood up and grab his long coat, "what are you waiting for ? Let's go." I grab the car key and locked the office, "for once I thought you won't agree with me."
I said as I walk beside him to the elevator.
"Why not ? This is an interesting case, and I need your story." The elevator door opened, he hold the door and let me walk first. "My story ?" He pressed the B1 which is the underground parking lot. "Of course, you're originally from there, I know you know something."

Yeah right, he can read me like an open book. "Yeah sure, you drive." I hand him the car key and walk out of the elevator, "and I want qiankun mora meat." He sighed, "you'll get stomachache if you eat mora meat everyday, it's not healthy, no veggies only beef." Both of us get inside the car and he starts the engine, "well what do you suggest ?" He shrugged his shoulder, "stormcrest pie ?"

"Pie ? Nah." I scroll through my phone and something clicked inside my mind, "what is the food that you always eating ? Slow cooked....something bamboo ?" He nodded ,"bamboo shoot soup ?" I give him a thumbs up, "let's try that." We made a stop in one of a restaurant we used to go, "you just want bamboo soup ? Nothing else ?" Zhongli asked me, "uhm cup of warm tea ?" He clicked his tongue, "Since when you're a tea person ?" I shrugged, "you always drink tea, I want to try some."

"Alright then." He ordered two slow cooked bamboo shoot and warm tea while we wait for our order I told him my childhood story.

Before I moved to Shinjuku Tokyo, I was raised in Konda village near mountains, it was a great place with great scenery but strange things occurred when I was 12 years old, one by one people from the village suddenly missing, the first person was Yoimiya.

I was a child back then so I don't understand about all of this, but my mom and my dad always told me to come home before 05:00 pm and don't talk to strangers. Weeks after Yoimiya dissapear, she was found dead near a river with her face that no longer have skin, bruised and blood everywhere.

"You saw a dead body when you were 12 years old ?" He asked, with a cup of warm tea in his hand.
"Yeah I know, I had a trauma back then because of that." I stare into my cup of tea and saw the reflection of my face, memories started to play again in my mind.

After they buried her body the chief set new regulation for everyone to stay inside their houses and not allowed to go out after 06:00 pm, the regulation continued until I was 13 years old, many residents protested because they believed the killer was no longer in the village, the chief could only surrender even though it wasn't what he wanted but he removed the regulation and the residents could carry out their normal activities again.

It was normal for a week, no sign of the killer until one day I fought with my parents, it was rainy that day but I didn't care, I wanted to leave my house for a while so I ran away in the middle of the night calming myself near a river, there were no signs of life other than me or so I thought until I heard a girl crying but her voice was muffled. Without a second thought I hid on a boat and cover myself with dirty fabric.

"But do you perhaps saw its face ?" I shook my head and eat a spoonful of my soup, "oh wow this is so good if I have rice." A waiter suddenly walk to our table and put a bowl of rice.
"Eat it y/n." Zhongli give the bowl to me, "how did you know ?" He chuckled, "I'm your partner for 5 years y/n." I eat my soup with rice and continue my story.

I heard the girl scream for help but the rain muffled her voice. I cried because I couldn't do anything to save her, couple of minutes later it was completely silence. I moved the fabric and walk to her dead body, the second person was my neighbor Kuki Shinobu.

"But you said that Yoimiya was found near the river, if the killer brought Yoimiya alive like Kuki and kill her there, everyone in the village would know from her scream right ?" Zhongli finished his last bite. "Yeah, so I have two speculation that happened in Konda." I drink the broth from the bowl and wipe my mouth.
"One, the killer might be brought Yoimiya dead body to the river or two, the killer bribe some of the villagers to shut their mouth about the incidents."