Chapter 1

Pathetic.

You were pathetic.

You grimaced at the intrusive thought.

No. I can't let them get to me, I've come to far.

You let out a shaky uneven breath as you stare down the massive building that held your future. Was it really your future? You were robbing someone of it. Their opportunity.

Their future.

You paled.

No. He doesn't deserve this.

You grit your teeth as you glared at the ground below you. Your nails dug into your palms, the sensation of them digging and practically close to breaking the skin to draw blood only for it to stop. The pain was the only thing you keeping in reality, if it weren't for it you would simply thought that this was just a nightmare. Yeah, a nightmare.

Deep breaths.

He wouldn't have cared anyway.

"Fucking bastard..." you mumbled as your let your shoulders relax with a sigh.

"Hey-"

Practically jumping out of your skin you frantically turned your head in the direction of the voice. Not only had he startled you, you had startled him. Your (e/c) eyes widened in shock as a burning sensation made its way to your face. Ah, embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry!" You cried out as you bowed profusely to the confused boy. His blue eyes studied you as he awkwardly stood there. Why were you apologizing? He was the one to startle you.

"Erm- it's alright, I mean, I was the one who scared you."

You blinked.

Oh fuck, he's right.

You mentally cursed yourself as your ears burned brighter. You were acting nothing like him. You took a deep breath and nodded, still keeping your gaze away from the taller boy. He hummed, a lil embarrassed himself. Awkward silence filled the two of you as you stood there in front of the massive building. Its looming presence was alluring and yet intimidating. Oh how much you loved it.

You coughed, as you nervously turned to the boy who stood next to you. You had to admit he was pretty cute, such dark blue hair that nearly seemed black. Like a night's sky, calming and cool. His blue eyes looked at the building in confusion and awe.

"I'm, (last name) Hionami, it's a pleasure to meet you." Hionami. Oh how you cringed at the name, so sickening. To believe you had to go as such a name to even participate here. Cringing even harder at the realization at how feminine his name sounded.

I'm so fucking screwed.

You nervously chewed on your bottom lip as you thought about it longer. Your eyes going vacant for a second scaring the living shit out of your soon to be friend? You're not sure, you'd love to be but... you're pretty sure you ruined your chances already.

"Ah, uh.. right, nice to meet you too (last name). Im Isagi Yoichi!"

Fuck he's so weird! Isagi cried inside as he watched you blink and go back to your normal expression. The vacant defeated look gone. You ruffled your messy butchered (h/c) hair.

"Aha... I'm so sorry Isagi, I'm not one for making good impressions." He deadpanned at you.

Yeah, you think!? He gulped just imagining how many other strange people will be in this program. He nearly shuddered at the thought.