Chapter 2

Twiddling your thumbs you prayed your parents wouldn't catch on. Of course a letter of consent was sent along with the letter but, you couldn't have them knowing. You couldn't let Hionami grasp the paper, waving it around like a triumphant flag. Cackling and bragging. Your blood boiled at the thought. No, the sight. You had stolen his mail, and not only that but forged your parents signatures.

What was a lie you could come up with for the time you're away? You chewed your cheek. Staying at a friends home to gather more information and plans for college. It was stupid. So, stupid.

Your eyes lingered out the bus's window. Beautiful mountain scenery comforted you as your gut did flips. The trees blew gently as you whirled by, the varying shades of green all blending into one mass of color the second you took your eyes off of them and looked down at the bag in your lap. You were gripping it harshly. Even with the binder, that constricted the most obvious feminine feature on your body. It felt like it wasn't enough. You could still see the slight bump that stuck out. Sure you were passing off as a guy, albeit slightly. It still was evident that you looked far too feminine.

Maybe it was just your worries. You didn't realize how much you were sweating. The anxiety was eating you alive. It felt like all eyes were on you, consuming you. Your hands shook as you stared at the bag. You could feel strands of (h/c) hair sticking to your forehead.

A sudden weight was applied onto your head.

A hand had gently placed its self on the bed of butcher (h/c) locks. You froze as you felt all the blood rush from your face. Paling you tried to glance at the hand on your head. It was such a large hand, yet it just gently rubbed your head. Comforting. Your petrified eyes slowly traveled up the muscular arm of your savior? Seat companion? Like hell you knew. A sea of thoughts was going through your mind. The fight of survival racing through your small body.

"Hey, it's alright. Just take a deep breath,"

Soft.

That was the first thing to pop into your mind. It carried so much gentleness. So much warmth. The simple words that left the spiked orange haired boy's mouth seemingly blew away the sea of thoughts. His hand was still resting on your head. Moving ever so slightly just slow enough to not alarm you.

"Hah...?" You wheezed out as you shook lightly.

Your (e/c) eyes study the boy. He retracted his hand back as you silently whimpered, missing the warmth and comfort it brought you. But alas you knew it was best if you don't let him know. The words finally registered and you did what you were told. Breathing in deeply through your nose, you exhaled softly out your mouth as the boy stared at you. He hummed and mumbled encouraging words as you tried to calm yourself.

"Thank you..." the shakiness was still present in your timid voice. You were feeling better, more comfortable now. The bus was rocking slightly on the mountain road. You offered the taller gentleman a small smile. He blinked.

"Of course! It wouldn't be right to leave you like that," he coughed slightly as he adverted his gaze away from you. You hummed, still slightly in awe at how kind he was. The admiration and slight embarrassment must've been written all over your face. The look in your eye was enough to make the taller gentleman get flustered. And to pair that with such a soft sweet smile? He could practically feel the heat creeping up onto his face.