Chapter 3

Tag?

Oh fuck.

You hurriedly looked down at the 'sleeping' boy and gently grasped his shoulders, you shook him lightly at first in an attempt to wake him up. Unbeknownst to you, he already was. Just being stubborn about fully waking up though. You bit your lip nervously as you lifted your eyes from the boy and towards the other lambs in the room. They looked nervous themselves. A panel in the ceiling opened and out dropped a singular football. Everyone's heads snapping towards.

"The time limit is 136 seconds. The player with possession is "it". Whoever is "it" when timer runs out... Can get the fuck out of here."

"And of course, no using your hands."

The screen flickered and was soon replaced with a cartoony looking version of Igarashi. Displaying his ranking, name, and the word 'Oni' above his head. The timer displayed underneath his crude little figure, a looming presence which that had yet been ready to begin its count down from 02:16. Igarashi's eyes practically bugged out of his skull at the ungodly sight of his name on the screen, Ego's voice droning on in the background of it all. Your eyes stared at the screen before slowly settling on the terrified lamb's form.

The weakest.

300...

""Tag" is but one of the many exercises pro players warm up with. This "egoism test" I have devised will provide great insight into the selfishness behind these strikers... Prepare, and attack. This isn't your average game of "Tag"."

And with that, the timer had started. Panic arose in the room as the angry blond complained about how we got a test so soon and it not even being related to football. While the short brunet had ran towards the door in a panic, announcing to everyone's dismay that it was locked. You cocked your head at the boy. Was he really gonna run? At the first time? The first game? 2 minutes and less? Weak.

"300th... So the worst player is the first to be "it"... I have to do this... So... Whoever gets expelled, don't hold it against me..."

"Wake the fuck up!" You hissed at the bumble bee boy and gave him a harsh shove. His body moved stiffly from the push but nonetheless he still slept. For a second you consider he had died peacefully in his sleep however a soft snore escaped from his lips. Your eyebrow twitch as you slapped his shoulder. Oh how you'd just wish he had died instead.

"W... Wait a sec... That thing about Japan's U-20... Do you really believe what that guy said!? That must've been a bluff!"

"...I dunno for sure, but what if he was tellin' the truth?! I'll do it.. If I lose, I'll have to become a monk at the temple... If I lose, I'll be a monk at the temple..."

Ah shit. He hyped himself up...

You glared at the already nervous brunet as he jumped at the soon to be monk's words. The brunet was sweating so hard and yet he hadn't even done anything yet. All he had had done so far was try to run out of the door. (E/c) eyes slowly left the brunet and instead took favor in watching Igarashi's nervous expression. Even though he hyped himself a bit, the fact that he was "it" would never calm his nerves. Your eyes darted towards the timer that the screen displayed. Seems like everyone forgot to to check up on it. A sly grin made its way onto your slightly stressed expression.

02:03.

He's wasting precious time. You glanced towards the other live stock in this room, they all wore worried expressions say for the one who wore his hair in a high bun. You couldn't really understand what he was currently thinking. Either way you could tell what was going through all of their minds. Losing would mean the end of their careers. Although you couldn't relate to them as you never had one, you understood. If you had been able to have your chance at a career and was still in the position you were now, you'd be shitting bricks. Your heart hammered against your chest as you eyed the monk in the center before quickly adverting your eyes down towards the sleeping log underneath you. You groaned as you stopped shaking the boy. You seriously considered kicking him. Would that even wake him up? Probably not.