Part 6

I woke up and checked my phone. I looked at the time. 11:00 am. Shit I'm late for school.

I spring up from my bed and run towards the bathroom. I suddenly come to a halt. I examine the room. Where am I? Oh how could I forget the events from last night. I'm at Caleb's house. I sit back down on the bed. What am I going to do? I check my phone to see if Key had left me any messages. But, I had no new notifications from anyone.

I feel sad. I miss Keinan and I didn't even get to say bye to Laura. Caleb must be at school. Why would he stay home with me. I was completely alone in his house. I sit in silence. I had this weird feeling in my body. It started in my chest making it's way to the pit of my stomach. I feel nauseous. Like something just feels off.  I need some air. I see the big window in my room. I go towards it and it has handles. This wasn't a window. This was a glass door that led to a balcony. Wow, I walk through the doors. The air hits me. I take it all in.

I look over to the left. There's another balcony. It must be attached to Caleb's room. I remember him telling me he's right next door to me. I stand in the balcony for the majority of the time. The breeze feels so nice on my skin. I close my eyes letting my worries drift away.

My sweet escape from reality was cut short when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched and screamed.

"It's me Caleb."[Caleb]

"What the hell. You scared me."[me]

"Sorry, I did knock on your door but you didn't answer me."[Caleb]

"So, you decided it'd be good for you to come in, without my permission."[me]

"No, I got worried. You've been in your room all day. I just came to check up on you."[Caleb]

"Well I was doing just fine before you came in."[me]. His face falls. He makes this long face expression showing his sadness. I immediately felt bad. I was just stressed. This whole thing is hard for me. I took it out on him. I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it.

"You seem to like the balcony."[Caleb]

"Yeah it's really nice. I see your room as one too."[me]

"Yeah these two balconies are attached so, if you needed something from me. You could just hop over anytime.[Caleb]. He's says with a smirk.

"That won't be happening."[me]

"How are you holding up. I know this is tough for you."[Caleb]

"I'm okay. I've been better though. Did you not go to school today?"[me]

"No I didn't. I thought it would be better to hang back today. To give you some company."[Caleb]

"Oh, you stayed for me."[me]

"I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable."[Caleb]

"Did you talk to Keinan at all?"[me]

"Um no. He probably took the day off to figure everything out. I was going to call him. But I decided I'd give him some space and time."[Caleb]

"Oh okay, yeah your right. He probably needs time."[me]

After our short conversation. Caleb showed me around the house. Surprisingly it was that complicated. It was a nice house. He showed me the kitchen and the dining room. We decided to eat together. We ate in silence.

The past five days passed like this. I'd sleep wake up then eat. Caleb goes to school. I wait for him to come back. He visits all my teachers and gets the work I've missed. So, I can still do my school work.

Through out the day Caleb and I had these conversations where we learn about each other and connect.

Even though it's been five days. Keinan hasn't called, messaged, or come to visit even once. I keep telling myself he needs time to figure things out.

In two days I go back but, I don't see any progress in the situation at school. I'm starting to grow anxious. I grab my phone and send a message to Keinan.

*Text Message*

12:00pm

Grace: hey key just checking in with you. How are things. This week is going by so slowly. I hate it without you. I miss you. I really want to see you. We should meet up. Or you know call me. How are things at school. Did you find who started the messages in that group chat. Did you have to talk to Dean. If something is wrong or bothering you don't hesitate to call me. I'm here for you as you are here for me. Please contact me asap.

2:00pm

Grace: Hey. I've left you some missed calls. If your busy I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous. I really hate my life right now. I need you to call me. I want to make sure your okay.

2:45 pm

Grace: When Caleb gets home I'm going to talk with him about everything. I mean what's going on. No one is giving me any details or updates. Are you avoiding me. I feel something is wrong. I'm going to tell Caleb to take me to your house. I don't care anymore. And if he says no. I'll run away myself.

Grace: key?

Grace: key?

Grace: Keinan?

Grace: Keinan Turner answer your phone.

Grace: KEINAN TURNER

*Text Messages End*

When Caleb comes from school today I'll talk to him. I need to find out what the hell is going on. I know something is wrong. Keinan promised he'd stay in contact. I know him. Keinan wouldn't ignore my messages or calls. What if something bad happened to him. What will I do? I can't stay her anymore. I hear a noise from downstairs. Caleb's back. I need to talk to him.