𝐭𝐰𝐨. a bird less grandiose

II —— a bird less grandiose

🦢

          THE SOUND OF BIRDS CHIRPING carries through the air, as Fianna quietly climbs back into her bedroom. This was a common occurrence for her in the summer, before Remus finished school and moved out — she'd sneak out as the sun went down, accompanying her brother's werewolf form, in her own Animagus form. A strong and graceful swan, one that could soar through the clouds, looking out for any dangers, any humans to steer clear of. Since his graduation, Remus' friends would tag along, which is exactly why, an hour and a half after Fianna's return, there's a knock at the door.

"Morning, Hope." Sirius Black's voice floats through the house, from the front door to the upstairs landing, where Fianna's pulling a jumper over her head. She's had a power nap, showered, and gotten dressed for the day. Thankfully, she's got a day off work, which means she can spend the majority of the day resting. Her brother mentioned, before she left him in the woods, that there's a Charlie's Angels marathon on the telly today. Gorgeous.

Fianna makes her way downstairs, where Sirius is charming her parents, as usual. Ever since he became an Animagus, he's made a point to be there every full moon, even if he wasn't needed last night. Fianna thinks it's sweet.

"Morning, Fee," says Sirius, with a smirk.

She gives him a look; just because her parents haven't cottoned on yet about the Animagus situation, doesn't mean they could. She's lucky they're not strict — what if, the next time, they check on her in her room, to find her gone? They don't get angry often, but she knows they'd kill her if they found out she illegally became an Animagus.

"Morning," she says. "Are you coming to check on Remus?"

"Of course," says Sirius. "Just thought I'd stop by to drop these off."

He places a paper bag on the kitchen table, one filled with croissants. Fianna gives him a look. That's where he wandered off to. She loves Sirius, but she finds it so annoying how effortlessly he charms parents. Fianna thinks Hope wants one of the kids to marry him, so she's got this treatment forever... Fianna thinks she'll give that task to Remus.