𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. the wheel of fortune

XIII —— the wheel of fortune

🦢

          FIANNA'S BEEN BUSY — blame it on the realisation that it's no longer start-of-term, and her Head Girl plans need to be in fruition... Not to mention, the countless times she's gone to the library as an excuse to avoid Prewett snogging Georgia, and the fact that Regulus is way more motivated than Prewett ever was.

She's spent October with her nose buried deep into her planning notebook; the Yule Ball has been arranged, the Duelling Club is set to start the first week of November, and she's managed to squeeze in Quidditch practices alongside revision. If it wasn't for the Polyjuice Potion brewing, she would've forgotten her and Regulus' plans for Halloween weekend. And speaking of—

"My parents will be leaving tomorrow morning, and returning Tuesday," Regulus tells Fianna as they're walking from their double Potions to Divination, the final Thursday morning of October. Georgia waved them off earlier a few minutes ago, making her way to Care of Magical Creatures instead. "If we leave with the Hogsmeade crowd on Saturday, get Georgia and Pandora to sneak out, then use the potion to come back to school as us... we should cover our tracks."

Fianna nods. The two agreed they could speak about this openly (albeit quiet enough that teachers don't overhear), as long as they made it seem as if they were only visiting Grimmauld Place to sleep together. That's what Georgia presumed, anyway, when Fianna first asked if she could help cover. But both Georgia and Pandora agreed to parade around for a little bit using the Polyjuice Potion on Saturday evening. Fianna and Regulus agreed they'll have enough time (and make the lie believable) if they stay the night, even if Fianna detestes the idea of sleeping in that house.

"I hope you don't get any fresh ideas, Black," says Fianna as they take their seats in the Divination classroom. Regulus gives her a dirty look, and she smirks, picking up the tarot deck from the middle of the table.

Trelawney's told them to pull a card at the start of every lesson for a 'warm up,' and she especially likes them to ask the cards a question they're mulling over in their private lives. Naturally, Fianna thinks, what's going to happen to this weekend? The wheel of fortune card comes out — a card that essentially means, anything can happen. Fianna grimaces, passing the cards to Regulus.