𝐭𝐞𝐧. swan-diving & stars

X —— swan-diving & stars

🦢

QUIDDITCH CREPT UP ON FIANNA the week afterwards, after she sat down at breakfast Monday morning and was greeted with Georgia going, "So, we're going to practice every night this week, to prepare for Saturday." Fianna had blinked, and then smiled, pretending she remembered the Quidditch game they had that weekend.

Like, yeah, she's had a lot of things on, but that didn't mean she felt any less awful, completely forgetting Quidditch, when her best friend's the captain of the team. So she trudged over to the Quidditch pitches after her last lesson, tying her hair up and practising her swan-dives (ironic, right, her best move is called that?) for a couple of hours.

As they finished up, they passed the Slytherin team, about to start their practice. Fianna found herself scanning the flurry of green uniforms for her Slytherin — and as she realised that was what she was doing (and that she thought of that boy as her Slytherin), he appeared in front of her.

"Fancy seeing you here," says Regulus, quietly.

Behind him, Barty Crouch Jr. and Evan Rosier smirk. Rebecca Mulciber, the captain of the Slytherin team and sister of a Death Eater (and famous bully of the younger years), wades past the boys, and looks Fianna up-and-down. Although everyone over the age of twelve is taller than Fianna, Rebecca's particularly tall, which makes Fianna frown, trying not to show intimidation... She feels a bit like a small dog standing up to a Great Dane, though.

"Let's hope your swan-dives are good enough for Saturday, Lupin," says Mulciber. "I've told Black not to go easy on you."

"I didn't expect him to," says Fianna, rolling her eyes.

Georgia places a hand on Fianna, and says softly, "I'll wait for you, yeah?"

Fianna nods, as Georgia walks past with the rest of the Gryffindor team. Prewett looks over his shoulder, too, scowling as he passes one of the Slytherin Chasers. Regulus awkwardly glances over at his team; Fianna looks over, too, feeling as if the air on the pitch has gotten colder. Uncomfortable and unwanted, Fianna steps to the side.