Chapter Three | Drive-In

Acting on your best behavior

Your thoughts will be like this

Y/ns Pov

When we arrived at the drive-in we had crawled under the gate. We kinda didn't wanna pay so we got in for free. Ya know? Dally was a few steps ahead of us. After me and Pony got under it we helped Johnny. Then we walked up to Dally. When he noticed us we had all started walking again.

" What do you think you're doing!? ", I heard a girl yelled. I looked over and saw she had just out of a car and a guy was following her. Looks like they're fighting I guess.

" Cherry! Just relax. " I heard a soc say. "Just try it! You're supposed to be my girlfriend. ", He said again. You make me sick.

"Don't ever try to pull anything like this again! ", I heard her yell.
" Are you serious?! ", He asked her.
"Who do you think you are?! "
" Just try it! ", I heard their voices clash. After that I stopped listening, wasn't my business anyways.

When we got near the seats we had jumped over the fence and took our seats. I was sitting by Johnny. When I looked up from the ground I saw the Cherri was sitting in front of us. One of her soc friends were by her.
"You sure you wanna do this?", I heard her friend ask.
"I came here to see a movie. And I'm gonna see a movie.", She told her.

I then heard Pony say something. "It's freezing."
"Why didn't you bring a coat? Stupid.", Dal said as he was going to light his cigarette and I guess the lighter fell or something idk.
"I for-", before her could finish I cut him off.
"Probably cause he forgot.", I said.
He then looked at me and mouthed 'shut up'. I shrugged it off.

He then picked it up from in front of him. Which so happened to be a seat beside Cherri. He then lit a cigarette? Idk man how many times are you gonna do that?

"Some cute red-head, huh?", Dallas said- or was it asked?. Had to be asked yea.
He then got up close to her ear. "Are you a real red-head?" He asked her, and she jerked her head away. Damn broski, tbh I'd probably be turned on if someone did that to me.
"Huh?"
"C'mon Dal.", Johnny said try to get him to lay off.
"Are you real?", He asked. He waited for her to respond but she didn't. Instead she continued watching the movie.

He then put his legs up on another chair. Suddenly his legs went stiff and he fell sideways. All of us around him started laughing. After a bit Dal got back up close to her ear. She then looked back towards the screen.

"How can I find out if this is your real red-hair?", He asked.
"Oh, cut it out Dal.", Johnny said trying to get him to stop messing with the girl. He ignored him and continued.
"If this is the same red have you on your, uh.", He looked down for a bit and thought. Suddenly he then touched her eyebrows. "These eyebrows.", She then moved her face away from him. "Is it?
"Leave her alone", I whispered, while looking at the floor. This is embarrassing I have socially anxiety oh god. This is drawing so much attention.

He then laid off and sat back in his chair.
I'm guessing Johnny heard as he spoke up again. "Cut it out, Dal", Johnny said again.
I guess he ignored him again and started messing with her chair. He then started to reach forward and put his cigarette over her hair.

"Get your feet off my chair and shut your trap!", She told him. Guessing she has enough of him too.
"Who's gonna make me, huh?!", He asked her.
Johnny then got up. "I'm gonna get me a coke.", He said walking off.
"Who? Your boyfriend?", He asked her, mockingly.

"Please shut up...", I whispered mumbled. "I'm gonna die if you don't stop...". Then Pony looked over to me. I was sitting with my face holding my hands while looking forward. I guess he understood how I felt so he said something too.
"Leave her alone Dal." He said calmly. I guess he also wanted to stop. Since she does go to the same school as us. Thank you though Ponyboy.
Before Johnny walked completely off Pony spoke up towards him. "Get me one Johnny."
"That greaser just got outta some jail or something.", Cherri's friend said.

"Yea, sure, whatever, you say honey.", He told her friend.
"You better leave us alone or I'll call the cops.", She told him. Like that's gonna scare him honey. Can't you just said that. I'm fucking dead
"Oh? my, my. You got me scared to death. What am I? What am I gonna do now Pony, Y/N? Huh?" He looked at us. Then back to Cherri. "This girl's making me shake."

He started to speak up but Cherri cut him off
"Why don't you leave us alone."
"You-"
"Be nice and leave us alone!"
Dal was quiet for a second.
"I'm never nice.", He informed her.

Her then got back up close to her ear. "Can I uh? Interest you in a coke-a-cola? Or a 7up?" He asked her. I guess that was all she could cause then she yelled at him.

"Get lost hood!", She yelled in his face.
"Man I'm sorry. I didn't know. I didn't know you had this problem with; yelling in my face." He told her. He then looked back at us. I had my legs crossed along with my arms. I also had my close, as I was done with this scene.

"Alright, alright I'll go.", He told her. "I know when I'm not wanted." It then opened my eyes and saw him walking away.
"I'll go get him, Pony.", I told him. "Okay." He said. I then walked away.

2nd pov

As you were walking away Cherri turned and looked at Ponyboy. "Are you gonna start in on us too now?!", She asked. A hint of anger still in her voice.

Ponyboy was quiet for a bit then he spoke up. "No..", she told her. She looked at him taking in his features.
"

You don't look the type to anyways. What's your name?", She asked him.
"Ponyboy Curtis." He told her.

Y/N's Pov

When me & Dallas walked into the- i don't know, what is this? Drinks place I don't fuckin know, anyways.
We saw Johnny in line. Dallas went up to him and told him that he'll give Pony something. After that we got what we wanted. Dallas got us all something, which I thought was really nice.

I then looked at him as he was paying. "I thought you said you weren't nice.", I said as I looked at the drinks as I picked up some to help carry them. He then looked down (or) up, at me. "I'm not, it's just drinks.", He told me. "Yea, that you're paying for. But whatever. Thank you Dallas.", I said.
"Yeah, whatever man.", He said as we started walking back.

When we got back I gave Cherri's friend a drink and sat down. After that Dally gave Pony his popcorn and Cherri a drink. He then sat down right beside her. He then gave her a drink. "Here I thought this might cool you off.", He sounded calmer than earlier when he walked off honestly.

She then threw the drink on him. My mouth dropped. I did not see that coming. You both seemed calm like a second ago.

"Maybe that'll cool you off, greaser. When you learn to talk and act decent I might cool off too!", She told him as he tried to dry off his face a bit.

"Fiery, huh?", He said as he grabbed her arms.
"Get off!"
"Just the way I like them."
"Get off! Get off me!", She said she tried to get up but Dally held her back down.

"C'mon"
"No!"

Oh great, not again. This time I heard people whispering and looking at us. I put my head down a bit and tried not to be seen. Johnny and Pony then looked around and I guess they saw me like I was earlier. Except much worse. Plus the way Cherri was getting treated.

Johnny then stood up. "Leave her alone Dal"
Dallas then stopped and looked at him."what'd you say?" The looked at/passed Cherri. "C'mon you heard me. Leave her alone.", He told her.
"What'd you say you little shit? What'd you say to me?"
"C'mon.."
"Wise ass."

Dallas then looked at us. He then saw me ducked down in my chair. He had a confused expression on his face. He then looked at Ponyboy & Johnny. "what's up with her?"
"Socially anxiety, she doesn't like being around people. Especially when something kinda like this  happens. Yk, the stares?"
Dallas just nodded.
I then got up and walked away.

Not too long after Dallas got up and followed me.

Turn your back on mother nature.

1534 words