Three

"CHARLOTTE ANNE EVANS! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR AND LET ME IN! YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!" It was my father. His words were slurring. I take a shaky breath and grab Kayla's hand.

We hide under the bed. I inhale deeply. I hear Molly fussing a little bit. I silently beg her to be quiet. She doesn't make any loud noises. I exhale slowly. How long would he stay there this time?

After what feels like an eternity of swearing, pounding, banging and screaming, everything goes silent. I hope my mum and aunt are okay. They weren't with me this time dad had his explosion.

I hear Jordan whispering softly to Molly, reassuring her. I haven't let go of Kayla's hand. Shaking, I get up, out from under the bed. I check the alarm clock beside my bed. Three in the morning. He did this to us again. At three in the fucking morning.

I hate my father. I hate him for always doing this. Always making me scared to sleep with an unlocked door. I hate my mother too. I hate her for making me follow her stupid rules, her stupid diet. Always making me think I looked ugly or had no chance of getting a boyfriend.

Of course I loved them. But I hated them too. It's complicated. I unlock the handcuffs and let Jordan and Molly out. Molly is sleeping but Jordan is sitting there. Red puffy eyed and shaking.

"Awe Jordy... Are you okay baby?" I kneel down quickly and pull her into a tight hug, she's crying quietly so I put her in my bed and cover her in blankets. She deserves sleep. I put Molly next to her, not trusting she be put in the toy crib by the door.

I crawl in next to Molly. And Kayla climbs in too, on the other side of Jordan. We all eventually fall asleep. Maybe not in peace but we do.

Hello loves! Hope you are enjoying the book! Again, sorry if anyone actually has to go through this, it must be horrible. I swear I'll include Leo soon! Don't forget to be safe!

Word count: 358 words!!