XIII.

“You should rest. ”, Shehnaaz coaxed softly.

“Are you leaving?”, Siddharth asked anxiously.

Shehnaaz hesitated for a few seconds before she replied, “I’ll leave later.”

Siddharth was relieved, barely able to feign indifference, “Whatever you’re fine with. You can stay as long as you’d like.”

With the drugs taking effect, Siddharth’s face was looking better. Every time he had a stomach ache, he would feel particularly tired. Obviously his eyelids were fighting to close, yet he still couldn’t help but squint and look at her from time to time.

Shehnaaz sat quietly beside him, with no expression on her face.

When the sunset glow came through the window, it brought a few soft rays of light to her face.

The two stayed together quietly.

There was a kind of gentle and peaceful atmosphere.

Siddharth felt at ease and fell asleep.

He didn’t know how long he slept. Hearing the sound of the door closing, he opened his eyes, only to find that Shehnaaz did not leave. Instead, she walked in through the door.

Had she just left? He must have slept like he was dead, unaware of anything happening around him.

Siddharth was shocked by a cold sweat. He stabilized his emotions. Afraid that shehnaaz would see that he was out of control, he immediately closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Shehnaaz put something on the table, then she walked towards him.

“ Siddharth?”, She quietly whispered.

The sound was clear and surprisingly nice.

Siddharth continued to sleep.

Suddenly, her hand touched his face.

If he hadn’t been used to acting, his muscles would have twitched.

Her hand touched his eyes gently and meticulously, the strength of her fingertips as light as a feather.

Full of cherished feelings.

He was like a treasure in her hand.

“If only you grew up.”, Shehnaaz’s fingers slid gently across his lips, sounding somewhat self-mocking.

Grew up?

Siddharth sneered in his heart. Was he still not big enough?

Her voice sounded anxious. “You’re out in the sun, so you can’t see how cruel the entertainment industry is. You have offended too many people. Even though there are fans holding you up, if one day they step down, who will help you?”

Siddharth didn’t expect her to worry about this.

Shehnaaz sighed, “I don’t have power anymore. I can’t help you when that time comes.”

He didn’t need her help.

Shehnaaz smiled bitterly, “You probably don’t want me to help you. Even if I wanted to advise you not to be too proud and to be more modest, you wouldn’t listen to me.”

Siddharth: “…”

He was red and purple. Everybody who saw him would compliment him. Who dared to say that he was not good?

Shehnaaz humbled him.

Siddharth’s heart was soft, and he knew that she was right.

Shehnaaz’s fingers left his face, and Siddharth still felt the lingering warmth.