Run #1

Kai's POV:

I grimaced as I saw the fetus slosh around in the golden egg. Sure, this was all we had to eat now, but it doesn't mean that I still don't get uncomfortable from it.

I looked over to my little brother, Manty, as he cuddled his little jellyfish plush and laid on his side. I quickly got a fire going and put the egg over, cooking it for the both of us.

It had been years since we had normal food, so of course we were pretty used to the eggs by now. They weren't rare, but they weren't common either. Luckily, me and Manty lived in a bountiful area so we could (hopefully) never run out. Unlike some very unlucky creatures, we were safe for the time being.

I shook Manty awake and served him the egg, sending him a reassuring smile. He smiled back and gobbled it down hungrily, his plushie in his hand.

I got up but instantly fell down when a rumble shook the floor, sending shockwaves of fear through my body. Manty looked at me with a worried look in his eye before I cupped his face and whispered "it's gonna be okay. Just wait right here for a bit."

I slowly got out from the tent and peeks outside, gasping when I saw a large crowd of Salmonids heading right for us. I scowled and rushed into the tent. Usually, I wouldn't be so alarmed, but they had caught me off guard so we didn't have enough time to prepare and relocate.

"W-what's going on?" Manty asked with a quiver in his voice. I grabbed my Grizzco Brella off from the stand holding it and threw a Grizzco Splattershot at Manty. He fumbled with it, but gripped it tightly along with his plush. I grabbed his wrist and led him to the back of the tent to hopefully get away.

They're were only a couple of bosses that I could see, but the worst were the incoming Smallfries. Over the years, they had developed much sharper teeth and they were much faster, just like piranhas.

I used my brella to create a path for us and we swam through, going faster and gaining momentum. We were going at a fast pace until a giant green bomb landed right in front of us, causing us both to instantly squid surge back to avoid the explosion.

But is seems like both ways were dead ends. We back up right where a Maw was about to pop out and swallow Manty whole. I grabbed him away just in time, and chucked a bomb right into its mouth, it's guts going all over the other Salmonids as it combusted.

Manty and I splatted more Salmonids around us, being careful to stick together while also spreading out. I ran over to the Steelhead and shot the incoming bomb on its head, causing it to explode just like the Maw. Manty was following right behind me, splatting Cohocks and Chums left and right, guarding me and making a path.

I rushed over to the Scrapper, shooting the shield while Manty ran behind it and finished him off. I squid surged over to where the Steeleal was and killed the Chum controlling it, causing the whole snake robot to fall apart.

We both stopped for a moment and high fives before I heard Manty gasp. "Jello! He's gone!" He exclaimed. I quickly scanned the area and sighed when I saw a Goldie heading right for the stuffed animal on the ground. "Manty, just let him go. We need to leave, now!" He looked at me in horror and screamed "NO!" before charging after the plushie. "MANTY, NO!" I screamed after him. Goldie's were rare, so wherever one was, thousands of Salmonids were bound to follow, protecting it.

He ran right into the fray, and within seconds, was out of sight. I quickly got my Inkstrikes and threw them right where I thought Manty would be. All the Salmonids in the area were killed, but to my horror, neither Manty nor Jello was to be found. All the Salmonids then were either killed or retreated, but Manty was nowhere. Where did he go? Did he get taken by the crowd? Did they eat him?

All these negative questions circled in my brain, going into panicky big brother mode. I need to find him. If he just disappeared into thin air supposedly, then the Salmonids must've taken him. But I can't go there all alone and defend myself and rescue him. I need help.

Grizzco Industries. The one who ran it, Mr. Grizz, was rumored to never have left and continues to fight off the Salmonids himself back in Splatsville. Splatsville wasn't to far off from here, so if I was careful, I could perhaps make it. And if he accepted, he could help fight off the waves and get my brother back!

I rushed back over to the now destroyed tent and rumbled through one of the drawers. I pulled out my old Sea-Cucumber Phone, pulling up the GPS and setting it straight to Splatsville. I was on a mission, and nothing can stop me now.