Run #7

Damien's POV:

I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy when he was obviously much more comfortable with Miss Hothead than me. But that still didn't stop the growing rage inside of me as she shot me another death glare. At this point, Shortie was fast asleep in Mila's lap.

"Damien?" Mila said. "What?" I said coldly, expecting her to rub it in how Shortie really doesn't like me and is just naturally friendly I guess. "I really need to talk to Ashy... and go to the bathroom. Can you hold him?" She asked, actually looking like an innocent little squid.

I drunkly nodded and held my arms out for him when she shot me that icy look again. "And I swear if you do anything with him, I will beat your ass shrimp." She got up and went to the office where Ashy was. But, at this moment, I couldn't even care about her threat. Because I had the most adorable little octoling in my arms right now.

His face was still a little wet from crying, so I wiped them to the best of my ability. He was fast asleep on my shoulder and suddenly shivered when the AC vents randomly flipped on.

I took my jacket off and wrapped it around Kai like a blanket, hoping that and my arms would keep him warm. I blushed as he snuggled in closer to me, mumbling lowly in his sleep.

I shifted back as slowly as I could so he wouldn't wake up and I could have something to support my back on. I moved his legs so he was straddling me and in a more comfortable position for him. His head was heavy on my shoulder and I blushed when I felt his soft lips graze my neck as he cuddled in closer to the crevice.

I didn't really know where to touch him to jot seem weird, but to also make him comfortable. I settled on one hand rubbing his back while the other one could just play with the tentacles on his head or wipe any more tears that fell out of his glossy eyes.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, trying to control myself. I wanted so bad to kiss him. I haven't felt like this since.. well, forever! I've never felt something like this before! Was this a crush like Ashy was always talking about back when we were little?

I felt the minutes turn into hours as I thought that Ashy and Mila definitely fell asleep somewhere else and definitely were t coming back till the morning. I leaned down to where Kai's head was and lightly kissed his forehead, making sure not to wake him, but maybe I could give him good dreams...

Kai's POV:

I woke up in a blanket of warmness that I haven't felt in a while. I tried to move, but then blushed when I realized where I was. I didn't know what to do.. did I do this? Did he? I barely remember anything from yesterday..

I moved my head and looked towards the door. If no light was shining through, and nobody else is here, it must still be nighttime...

I contemplated leaving, but as soon as my hand left the jacket, a wave of cold rushed through it. So, in order to not freeze to death and definitely not stay in this insanely cute boy's arms, I decided to just stay there.

I let my body fully relax and put my head back into the crevice of Amie's neck as I tried my best to fall back asleep.

Everything felt so wrong, but at the same time..

So right...