Run #6

Kai's POV:

As the chopper landed, I was a little scared of getting out, but Mila helped me! My body was sore all over and I was half leaning on her, which I don't think she minded!

"So Damie, where are ya goin' now?" Ashy asked, catching up to him who was speed walking.

"I dunno, probably back to the lab. I gotta make some new prototypes.." he trailed off as he started going into thought.

"Awww, no! Why can't you stay here with us?" Ashy started begging, hugging Damie's leg. "Y'know, Kai-Kai here is on a little mission, and me and Mila and Grizzy promised we'd help!" Damie's eyes seemed to widen a bit.

"Shortie's on a mission you say?" He asked slyly. Mila just scoffed. "He has a name you know." Damie just rolled his eyes at her. I could sense Mila wanting to punch him but I held her hand and shook my head no, which seemed to calm her down a bit. I looked over and frowned a bit when I saw Damie was grimacing while looking at our locked hands.

"Damie, why don't you come? According to Ashy, you seem kinda lonely.." I said. Damie immediately started blushing and stuttering. "W-who said you could call me that?!" I stared blankly at him. "Uh, that's what Ashy introduced you by... I don't know what else to refer to you by...hmm... OH! How about I give you a name like you gave me!" I exclaim. Damie seemed to blush even harder as I ran up to him and wrapped his arm with mine.

"Hmm.. OH! How about skunk? With the Salmonid guts all over you and how mean you are, you're just like one!" I could hear Mila and Ashy giggling behind me while Skunk gave me a deadpan look. I smiled at him and he just looked away.

"Do you like it?" I asked, determined to find one that fit him, but honestly, skunk was pretty damn good! I heard Skunk mutter a whatever as he kept on walking.

"Oh, fineee.." I ran back up to him. "Damie, shorten it to something cuter, like Amie?" I giggled. I've always liked that name.

"W-whatever, it's better than Skunk I guess.. too feminine though.." I heard him complain about the name, but not how I was still holding his arm so I didn't let go until we got back to the Grizzco shack.

***

I stretched my arms as I laid on the ground. I groaned slightly as I could feel my sore muscles being pushed. "Shortie, want some food?" I heard Amie ask. I nodded happily and ran over to him. "Woah, what is this?" I ask as I hold some type of skewer.

"You just take apart the salmon eggs, add a bit of heat and boom, an egg skewer.. hope ya like it!" Amie said, obviously proud of himself. "Hey, dick, is there any reason their's looks better than mine?" Mila asked spitefully as her skewer looked like complete crap. "We can swap!" I said, trying to fix the problem.

"Godammit Shortie, I swear you're too nice.." I hear Amie mumble as he walked into the main office to give another flawless looking one to Ashy.

He came back and sat down on the ground with his own skewer.

"So, Shortie, you said you were on a mission. Care to explain? Maybe then I'll help you." I looked at him hopefully as he said that. We would definitely need someone as strong and competent as him on our team! "Ok!"

I plopped down on the ground next to him and started telling him what happened with Manty. I felt pretty depressed and tired after explaining it again, forgetting how much it really hurt me. I shivered as I felt a tear fall down my face, which Mila quickly swiped away. She tucked me into her chest and let me cry on her shoulder. I felt so tired I could almost just cry myself to sleep at this point..

Oh Manty, please be safe...