Run #4

Kai's POV:

"But guyssss, I'm tired!" I yelled from the egg basket, flopping on it in octo form. Back then, Salmon Run was only three waves-but goddammit we've done 11 waves already and were still not done?!

"We keep going 'till we see the boss running this thing! Y'know, I once went to 43 waves! Man, was I sore the next day!" Ashy sang beside me.

43?!

"Come on Kai. Just a little longer. The more we splat, the less to attack us later." Mila reasoned. "Fine, I guess you're right. But I'm still tired, so I'm not gonna try as hard!" I replied. If they were treating it like a game, then fine! So was I! Mila sent me a concerned look, while Ashy was treating a Smallfry corpse on the ground like a doll while the next wave of Salmonids were coming.

Right off the bat a Steel Eel and Scrapper headed straight to the middle, both chasing after Ashy. She went to a higher platform, jumped off behind both, splatted them and chucked the eggs towards me to put in the basket. The rest of that wave went like that, Ashy and Mila splatting while I threw the eggs back and forth into the basket.

The wave ended with me more tired then before, causing me to sit down on the basket spawn that retreated. "Uh, Kai! You might wanna get up!" I heard Ashy yell, then point somewhere. I looked over to where her finger led and saw the biggest Salmonid I've ever seen.

"W-what is that thing?!" I yelled. "That's a Cohazuna. I've read about them in books." Mila answered. "Yup! The easiest way to take him down is throwing golden eggs at it! But beware of it itself, it can use especially wide splashdowns!" Ashy clarified.

A plane suddenly circled ahead and weird looking things flew out. "This is an egg canon! Use this to power up the eggs to really damage the boss!" I nodded, analyzing the thing. It looked like an ancient human artifact.

As the Cohazuna was crawling out of the sea, several other bosses also followed it. This would be hard to take down, but we can do it!

I went straight to a Stinger and eliminated it, collecting the eggs and struggling using the cannon. After a bit of experimenting, one of the eggs shot out and socked the Cohazuna right in the eye. It hissed in pain and turned over from Mila to me. I was about to shoot the second egg  when I saw a splashdown ring circle around me. I panicked and immediately started to swim out. I narrowly avoided the attack, some damage still done to me. Since I was in a horrible position, I threw my eggs over to Mila who had a perfect angle on the Cohazuna. She steadied her egg cannon and shot, landing both eggs on parts of its face.

Me and Ashy were running around, killing bosses and keeping the Salmonid count low, while Mila was taking all the eggs and getting shots on the Cohazuna.

Even though me and Ashy were working together on both sides, more and more bosses were spawning and we couldn't keep track of them all. Several Cohocks and a Flipper-Flopper circled around me, and I was sure I was about to die. The boss had created a circle around me, and I was out of ink! I closed my eyes, and prayed for mercy. I said my last words in my head, and almost cried at the thought of never seeing Manty again. I prepared for the splash, but then reluctantly opened my eyes as I never felt it.

I saw a male inkling holding a, what looked like Grizzco Blaster, but much bigger. The ink tank on his back was also tripled the size of usual. He used the body of a scrapper to block the attack and pulled me in close to him. Then, we just kinda stared at each other until we heard Ashy yell, "Damie!"