Run #3

Ashy's POV:

"Grizzy, you really think Damies's fine out there? Things have been pretty tough out there, especially not with his two amazing besties!" I said with my usual fun voice. I looked over to the little bear statue to hear nothing. "Animal trash, can't even bother to respond..." I muttered.

I finished cleaning off my slopsuit and hopped off the counter I was sitting on. I pulled out my sea-cucumber phone and called Damie, desperate for some contact and someone to talk to at this point. As I sorta expected though, it went straight to voicemail.

I groaned as I leaned my head back onto the wall. Grizzly's gone, Damie's unavailable, nothing to do! Man, ever since Damie's been busier, he hardly ever talks to me or comes around here. Makes me kind of feel like I'm being ignored.

I was about to leave when I heard my phone ring. I happily picked it up and responded with a cheerful "hello!"

"Hey, sorry I missed your call. I've been busy." Damie's raspy voice said on the other side. "No worries! Just wanted to see how ya' ve been!"

I talked to him for a little longer when suddenly the door to the building shot open. "Hey, I'll call ya back later, I think." I said before hanging up, cutting off Damion asking "wait, what's going on?"

"Heya! Who're you guys?" I asked. The taller female had on a chill but rushed expression while the little male octoling looked happy, stressed and full of despair all at the same time.

"I need Mr. Grizz!" The little octoling shouted, seeming out of breath. The taller girl walked over to me and held her hand out, to which I gladly shook with both my hands wrapped around. "I'm Mila, and this is Kai. We need Mr. Grizz for a sort of, rescue mission, I guess you could call it.

I gasped. "Oooh! A rescue mission? Can I join? Y'know, I've been working here for years now, I'm pretty experienced!" I exclaimed, eager to help my new friends. "Oh, and I'm Ashy!"

"Nice to meet you." Mila responded. She smiled and looked around. "Mr. Grizz isn't here right now." I said, but I guess I spoke to soon 'cause as soon as I said that the statue started making noises, and pretty sure a familiar griff voice was heard from the other end. "Ashy? We've got another big wave comin' on. You there?"

"Yup! And I've got two new friends here to help us out!" I looked over to them. "If you guys help me out here, I'll be sure to get Grizzy to help you too! How 'bout that?" They both nodded, making my mouth fold up into a smile.

"Two more? Very well then, the more the merrier. Ashy, I've got the chopper ready. Let's head out." I grabbed both their hands and led them through the shack to the small exit where the chopper was. It would lead this time to the Spawning Grounds.

The flight wasn't very long, especially when you actually have people to talk to now!  I learned that the reason they needed Grizzy was because his brother was taken, and we needed to find and rescue him. Sure! I mean, didn't sound to difficult. Especially if I could get Damie to join, then with him and Grizzy, we'd be unstoppable!

The chopper stopped for a sec, and I told them the procedure of super-jumping out of the plane right next to the old basket placer. It took Kai a couple of tries, but Mila got it right the first time (and perfectly at that).

Olden days Salmon Run used to harvest power and golden eggs for riches and power, but now we get the golden eggs solely for food. And I guess sell to make money, but we also keep some for ourselves!

I've never seen Mr. Grizz's real body, so I don't know how the hell he ingests those eggs, but whatever! As long as he continues to talk to me every day, I'll trust him, no matter what.

I grabbed my strapped Octobrush off from my back and twirled it in my fingers. Mila already had what looked like a cooler Grizzco Charger, and Kai had a Grizzco Brella.

I walked up behind him. "Hey, Y'know my friend made that!" I exclaimed. Kai looked back at me with wide eyes while Mila just glared. "Yup! His names Damie, you should meet him sometime! But in the meantime," I continued.

"Let's go to work." Grizzy finished for me.