The Wolves Talk

2. The Wolves Talk
.
.
.

"Look, I brought her in one piece as usual" the guard said with a sickening smirk on his face as he threw me across the room until I landed on the tiled floor of the pack house kitchen. I imagined how I looked laying helpless on the kitchen floor, drained of life and light but this people could care less how I looked or how I felt, they have made that known to me countless times over the past three years, it is strange how it takes the circumstances a person face to know how people really felt for them. Those who stay in the good times and in the bad times are your true friend.

How the Redsand pack were quick to turn against me in a twinkle of an eye though they were not the parties that were directly wrong baffled me at times, it was like they had a certain rage before the tragedy and that event had just triggered the chain reaction that set a timed bomb off and I was at the receiving end of that bomb's blast.

"Good Sean !, you sure took your good damn time" The kitchen head, Vera spat as she stared at me in disgust, it was obvious she could still smell the guards discharge on me and her stare made me feel more disgusted with myself, if only I was privileged to at least have a good and nice bath, but all my privileges had been taken away from me, the day I lost everything as well as my dignity, or rather most of it, what was left was what I use to boost my strength in surviving each day without thinking of ending it all.

Though most of the times, I wished for death, deep inside me I don't, I want to live, I want to be alive and I want to be happy and deeper down inside me , I wanted a mate that would love unconditionally with all my flaws.

The spirit of my parents lived inside me and I hear them urging me to be strong, to not give up , regardless of my father's sin, I know he was a good man, a wonderful father and a great beta.

Sometimes I question the moon goddess, was this the purpose she had for me, was I not destined for happiness.

"Of course" Sean grinned and walked out of the kitchen but not without sparing me a sadistic glance as he eyed my body lustfully.

"Filthy whore!" Vera spat at me on the floor as she looked at me with pure hatred "You are just like your mother, a filthy whore she was a filthy whore you also are"

Vera held an extra hatred towards me, and I know the reason why, she had always had an affection for my father. My mother once told me that my father and Vera where once a couple before my father discovered his true mate.

Vera must have been devastated for the loss of lover though they were not destined by the moon goddess. Vera rejected her mate thinking my father would do the same but he didn't and even up until today she remained unmated but not celibate.

Vera was the real pack whore but she had always blamed her predicament on my father , she blamed him fervently for tricking her and making her lose her mate though she was entirely the own architect of her own misfortune. Though it was a misfortune on her part, my misfortune was greater than hers.

"Go clean yourself up you wench!, your stench is ruining my kitchen and my nose" Vera spat again as she dragged me from the kitchen floor into the staff bathroom before shutting the door behind me.

I was not allowed here on a regular basis, Vera would not allow it, but today I must have stunk really bad and I get to enjoy this privilege and I would grab the opportunity, I am well aware that Vera would not allow me take my time to properly take my bathe. So I immediately stripped out of my clothes, a little saddened that I would have no other choice but to put the dirty dress on after a clean bathe.

The cold water stream down my body from the shower and I take the opportunity to let the tears slip out of my eyes, as I thought of my life,my heart breaking life, I wanted to scream but I couldn't, my throat wouldn't let it out, I felt like I was choking like a chord had been wrapped across my neck and it was tightening itself each passing seconds and more tears stream down my eyes and the water from the shower washed it away immediately .