A glimpse into the past

30. A glimpse into the past
.
.
.

Twenty six years ago...

"The mate dance is in three weeks, you will finally get to meet your mate Tamara" Sahara said, looking at her little sister

"This whole thing is just weird to me, what if I do not want what the moon goddess has chosen for me" Tamara whined. She has never believed in the moon goddess crazy idea of forcing two strangers together.

"The moon goddess makes no mistake" Sahara said.

"Then how come you are yet to find your mate. Have you thought of the possibility that your mate might not even exist, maybe he is dead, does that mean you will spend your whole life alone and wondering why you could not get happiness" Tamara reasoned with feistiness in her words.

"Tamara—you really should not think that way. Look Reina is happy with her mate" Sahara reasoned as well, her little sister was too wild and she feared that her wild nature might cause harm to her.

"Reina looks delusional to me. Don't worry, I will be ready for the mate dance" Tamara faked a smile

"Thank you" Sahara smiled back, satisfied that she had been able to convince her to go to the mate dance. The mate dance was compulsory for the royals but she knew her sister all too well , Tamara try find a way to escape going to the mate dance.

"Well, good night sister, I better get some rest so that I can chip into the mate dance preparation" Tamara says to dismiss her sister.

She was definitely not going to sleep, there was a party down town, in the human town called Gerdia, but her sister does not have to know about that.

As soon as Sahara left her room, she waited a few minutes just in case her sister came to continue her pep talk about mates or rather raise another from the numerous so called atrocities she had committed.

Tamara knew that she was a wild child, but she loved having her freedom, this pack thing wasn't working for her and to make matters worse, she felt like being royalty was a greater burden.

A werewolf pack was one thing but a royal werewolf pack was another thing, she was tired of being stuck in the palace deep inside the forest that none of the humans had thought to venture.

It was funny to her though, she always thought the humans were curious beings but she was wrong, not a single soul had dared to step foot in the forest just outside the town of Gerdia.

Humans were now fearful, the forest was indeed vast, maybe they are worried to be eaten by wild animals and they were not wrong though, werewolves were just as vicious as wild animals , as a matter of course she felt that werewolves were even worse.

It wasn't an easy thing sneaking out of the castle, but she had mastered the art of doing so every time without getting caught or maybe the werewolves guards were sloppy in their work but she could care less, you would not have anything stop her from grasping the little freedom that she could get.

Just as soon as she was off the castle grounds, she removed her clothes folded them and placed it inside her back pack, she then shifted and grabbed the bag by her teeth and ran into the forest.

She was a few walk away from the town, when she shifted back into her human form and put on her clothes. Despite she thought being a werewolves was a burden, she admitted to the perks that came from it, she had just ran several miles and she was still standing flawless and her breathing was just as though she had taken a walk.