𝟏.𝟖

i wonder what perception you guys have of Levi. I want him to be his cold closed off self as usual, but don't think of him as too old. He's just a few years older than Y/N.

❧𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭❧

Hange had a nice apartment. It was further away from campus, more where the actual residents of Paradis lived rather than students.

"Hange, Erwin and Levi all moved out of student dorms a few years ago. Levi is completely loaded from his family so he barely lived in dorms anyway. We've never been to Levi's but Erwin's place is nice too. It's just clean I guess." Armin explained as you all trudged up the hills to go to Hange's. They insisted that all the teenagers walked so that 'you'd get your steps in'. Hange was a biology major and worshipped the human body like crazy.

"We prefer Hange's place though. When you walk through the forest there's a clear part. Great for camping and star watching." Jean chimed in as Y/N nodded, completely forgetting that her entire friend group were scouts and took it seriously.

"We're not going to be doing any camping right?" She asked uneasily as Eren laughed, shaking his head.

"Nah. Trost is way too rainy in October for that. Maybe next summer we'll go to my family's cabin and spend a week in summer there."

Y/N was hoping by we he meant their entire friend group.

"We're just going to eat. Hange is like a parent to us and likes to act like a family having dinners." Mikasa said, holding onto Y/N's  arm as she smiled. She was glad that Mikasa didn't act any less different now that she knew about her cousins endeavours.

"Levi usually doesn't come to these." She said in a lower voice as Y/N nodded again, trying not to look too disappointed.

After the bookstore, when Y/N arrived home, all the girls had staged some sort of intervention, or interrogation more like.

"Well? Are you dating him?" Historia asked, trying not to look too disgusted.

"No." Y/N said and before she could speak again, Sasha spoke.

"You could do so much better Y/N."

"He's literally the scum of the earth. How can you trust anything he says?"

"Legit Y/N. We've known him since we were kids. He's bad news."

Only one person hadn't said anything, Mikasa. Y/N looked at her, afraid of her reaction, and was relieved when Mikasa gave her a sympathetic look.

"Levi's never waited around this long for a girl guys. I think he's real about Y/N. And I know we've seen him mess up so much, but I think this time it's different."

And when Mikasa spoke, no one else disagreed, because she was rarely wrong.

"I don't want to see you hurt." Historia said quietly, slinging an arm around Y/N as Sasha nodded.

"After your last relationship..." Sasha began and then trailed off. It wasn't a comfortable topic to talk about, and Y/N rather everyone forgot about it.

"But you're better now." Mikasa said, taking her hand and rubbing it.

"You're so much better now. And I think if you both tried, you and Levi could be really good."

"But if he hurts you he's kicked out of the group. Fuck childhood friends." Sasha joked as Y/N smiled, tears  welling in her eyes as her heart beat with love for her friends.

But he didn't text. He didn't call. She never saw him at the library and she never bumped into him on campus. It'd been a week since that day and she truly believed that he was making an effort.