𝟐.𝟏

Being the eldest child of a wealthy dysfunctional family had its perks, because Y/N was driving towards an apartment somewhere in Seattle, a place a cousin owned that she had access to. The only solution to getting played by her five second boyfriend was to lock herself away, make him think of the worst, and come back as if nothing happened. He had no effect on her.

Was the constant lies she told herself. The second she had left the university building she ran back to her apartment, packing a bag full of random shit she didn't even need, slamming the door and getting into her car. With shaking hands she texted Mikasa:

family emergency. you know what. gonna be gone for a week or smth. don't tell levi, don't want him to know yet. will text u to let you know if i'm good . love u

And turned off her location. It was true that she occasionally had to dip and travel across the states or even the world to tend to her family, so Mikasa would leave her alone. The only problem was Levi. He was already texting her, asking where she was, and all she could do was breathe in deeply to prevent herself from projectile vomiting over the interior of her very expensive car.

Despite what she had heard, her attachment to him still lingered, and nothing hurt her more than blocking his number, and impulsively blocking him on every social media she had ever had. She contemplated changing her phone number, because green texts still appeared on her lock screen, flickering every few seconds or so. Her eyes scanned over her phone, reading them fervently.

unknown number: Where are you?
unknown number: Y/N are u okay?
unknown number: I tried to come and see you but no one knew where you were.
unknown number: Y/N seriously. Why am I blocked on everything? Can we please talk?
unknown number: Y/N, I'm worried. Are you okay? Where are you?

She scoffed. The audacity he must've had to text her like this after what she'd heard just a few hours beforehand. She pulled into the driveway of the house that was tucked away in the opening of a forest, away from bustling streets and skyscrapers, and far enough from the her dreaded university and whore male companion.

Despite the situation, she had a little smirk on her face as she came out of her car to look at the sleek glass house before her, knowing her cousin took serious inspiration from Twilight.

As she typed in the code to access the house, she swiped her phone onto do not disturb, her heart racing at the influx of messages coming into her phone, from Eren, from Sasha, from everyone. Levi must've panicked and ignored Mikasa's message, sending everyone into a flurry.

None of her friends knew of this place anyway. They all had assumed her family were situated in England, which was laughable. Y/N was the daughter of two people who had a massive amount of siblings, and family tensions caused migration to other continents. Y/N had at least 5 cousins situated in each continent.

Hastily kicking off her shoes and running up
the stairs to the master bedroom, she dumped her bag onto the huge bed, sighing when she realised that the contents were completely useless. She had packed random underwear, non coordinating outfits and barely any pyjamas, which meant she'd actually have to leave the house and go shopping, though she considered ordering online and just staying holed up in her glass sanctuary forever.

And at that moment, she had finally realised. Levi did it. Every time she was with him, she had a slight bit of anxiety that Levi was suddenly going to turn on her, and she was waiting for the moment he did so, and he'd done it. The realisation snapped her in half, and within milliseconds, she was bawling.

It had felt as though he had stabbed her with a knife and was dragging it slowly through her heart, with no remorse at all for her. She sat on the edge of the bed, tears running down her face, lower lip trembling, rocking herself back and forth as a weak attempt to comfort herself from her newfound heartbreak. The waves of anxiety came flooding over her, and she thought a million thoughts over the span of a few seconds.