𝟐.𝟐

Y/N stirred at her coffee, avoiding his eye contact.

"I'm not good at this sort of stuff." She admitted as he nodded, taking a sip of his drink.

"Neither am I. But if we want this to work, we need to talk." He said firmly as she sighed.

"Fine. I'm going to be blunt Levi. I don't trust you." She said, a bit too quickly, Levi not realising what she said until she finished, and he chewed on his lip inquisitively.

"I figured. And I don't blame you, I don't have the best reputation." He replied, trying not to take offence that the girl he had broken a million of his rules for still didn't trust him.

She didn't respond, stirring her coffee again and looking down at the table, avoiding his eye contact still.

"Y/N, baby, you have to look at me." He sweet talked her as she looked up, her expression a mixture of disgust and affection.

"Baby? We're not dating. You don't have the authority to call me pet names."

He laughed softly, and her heart wrenched a little bit.

In all honesty, she wished that they could just be together, but her response to their most recent situation was clear that she wasn't ready for him.

"Okay fine. No pet names for now. That okay with you?" He asked, politely and showing no signs of hurt, which annoyed her.

"So you don't want to call me anything affectionate?"

"Course I do. I'm just respecting what you want." He continued, talking coolly and unbothered.

"You're so annoying." She muttered under her breath, and Levi frowned at her.

"Listen. I'm doing whatever you want, so don't get mad at me for listening to you. You know I don't listen to anyone." He said with a twang of bitterness in his voice, making Y/N frown as well.

"We shouldn't date." Y/N finally said after a few minutes of silence, Levi looking at her, almost horrified.

"Are you insane?" He whispered, looking around incase anyone got the wrong idea, but lucky for them, they were tucked into an alcove, away from the straining ears of any snooping college students.

"I'm doing this so I don't go insane Levi. How am I supposed to date you when the slightest interaction you have with any female sets me off?"

"Sounds like a you problem Y/N." He scoffed as Y/N raised a brow.

"A me problem? I'm sorry that I don't trust you, but it's not easy considering you've slept with half your class. And mine."

"Look Y/N I know it's a sore subject for you but I'm not that big of a male whore you make me out to be. Tone it down a bit."

He genuinely sounded hurt. The only girl you've ever sought after telling you that she sees you in a bad light its quite stinging.

"Please. You tried to fuck me within ten minutes of knowing me. How could I trust you when I know what you've done?"

Levi ground his teeth together. She was being so difficult and he knew why. Perhaps it was easier for her to put her guard up and push her away than just let him in, but he was so close to getting what he wanted, having her. He wasn't going to let her ruin this.

He pulled her chair closer to his. His glare bore into her eyes, but Y/N refused to look away, even though they were now just a width of a hair apart.

"I've laid myself fucking bare for you. I have told you things no one has ever heard. I don't know what else to do." He whispered so quickly that Y/N could barely process it.