Chapter 14

Brian went into the record room to put on some music, getting a good beat.

After our little heart to heart, we needed to release some energy.  John and I were dancing on the sculpture before I got off and started dancing with Claire, putting aside all of the things that I didn't like about her aside.  The guys got up on the table and danced together there and then Claire, Allison and I did the same.  Looking beside me, dancing with both Claire and Allison, it made me realize just how much fun we were having together and that I do in fact like them both.

Jumping off the table, John grabbed me and we started to dance, flailing ourselves around.  He grabbed me by the waist and entrapped me in a kiss.  Almost immediately, I reciprocated, assuming that the only reason that he kissed me was because we were caught up in the moment that we all connected on another level.

Almost immediately after the song ended, Bender went back through the ceiling towards his little spot leaving Andy, Allison, Claire, Brian and sitting together on a table.  

"Brian," Claire called out to him.  

"Yeah?"

"Are you still gonna write your paper?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, it's kinda a waste for all of us to write our paper, right?"  She asks him. 

"I guess, but it's what Vernon wants us to do."

"True, but I mean, after today, all of us would write the same thing."

I looked over to Andy and Allison, knowing damn well that Claire was too lazy to write her own paper.

"You just don't want to write your paper, right?"  He asks her.

"Well, I don't, but you're the smartest here!"  He laughs, flattered.  "I trust you."

He looks at us, almost asking for approval as we all tell him to go for it and that we trust him.

"Alright," he says, a smile on his face.  "I'll do it."

Claire then looks at Allison and I.  "Come here."  She says to us.

I was first.  She was worked my hair a bit, leaving it down, but smoothing it out.  She also gave me some eyeliner, but apart from that, didn't do much.

Allison, however. she completely changed.  She was put her hair back and gave her light makeup.  She looked fantastic.

I went over to Brian as soon as she finished up with me to work on the paper that we were writing.  I decided to help him out.  

I love writing as well.

When Brian and I were finished, we fist bumped each other.  The letter was beautiful and reflected us perfectly.

Leaving the paper on the desk for Dick to find, we all walked outside together.  We might never have another day like this one, but we have today.

I said our final farewell to everyone before walking off towards the field, quickly realizing that Bender was following me.

We walked in a comfortable silence before we got to the end of it.  

"So I was wondering," John asked, turning me to look at him.  "You want to catch a movie tonight?"

I smiled, beaming inside.  "Are you asking me on a date John?"

"Is that a yes?"

"What about your other girlfriends?  I don't like sharing my men, John."

"They're gone.  It's only you if you accept my gracious invitation."

My heart jumped.  Would he actually consider going monogamous for me?

"And the pictures that you have of them?"  I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"These ones here?"  He asked, pulling out the stack of women.  He turned around and threw them far in the opposite direction.   "Gone."

I can no longer stop suppressing my smile.

"I'm all yours then, Bender."  I told him which led to him crashing his lips onto mine.