Chapter 1

~Lucy's POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I get dressed, and make my way to the school without telling my parents or leaving a note for them. It's not like they'll notice that I'm going to be gone. They hardly pay any attention to me anyway.

I manage to make my way to the school about 10 minutes early. I'm not surprised that I'm the only one here. I'm a very punctual person and hardly ever show up late. I sit down in the chair in the front left side of the library and rest my head in my hand. I know why I'm here, I understand why I'm here, but I don't think that I should be here. I'm trying to get my stereotype back.

I'm not an idiot. I know that high school is a place where stereotypes occur and can literally make or break a person.

As I'm in that thought, Brian Johnson walks in. He's the perfect example of a geek stereotype. As soon as he walked into high school, I can guarantee that he was labeled as a nerd. I'm willing to bet that he's on the honour role, applying to all the Ivy League schools, and is involved in at least one academic club.

Almost immediately following Brian came in Andrew Clark, the school's jock. I had the BIGGEST crush on him back when I was a sophomore. Looking back on it, I find it hilarious that I had such a big crush on him considering that I hardly ever talked to him unless he bumped into me in the halls and mumbled an apology. I was going through a bit of a jock phase before I really "found myself" if that's what you would say.

Then comes in the prom queen or the princess of the school. Claire Standish. Dear lord, I'm sure the school would shut down if she didn't show up. I've talked with her a few times, when she asked to copy my answers that were homework in biology. She acts as if she's above the law here and thinks that she's superior to everyone else which gives me little to no respect to her.

She comes over to me and stares at me for a couple seconds before going to the desk beside me. The hell? Did she really expect me to move because she stared me down?

A few minutes pass by before John Bender showed up and immediately, I felt my heart start to beat harder. John Bender is the criminal and the stoner of the school. I'm positive that none of the teachers think that he has no future. In fact, I'm pretty sure that everyone thinks that he's going nowhere after graduation. I personally think that he'd make a hell fo a good comedian though. If you don't believe me, have a class with John Bender. It's the most amusing thing there is. I also find him extremely attractive and believe it or not, he's the only one I've actually had a legitimate conversation with.

He touches quite literally everything on the way in and steals some post-it notes and does the same thing that Claire did to me to Brian. Brian actually moves though. Rather quickly. Almost as soon as he sat down in his chair, the school's basket case of the school comes in and plops herself in the back table in the library. Unlike the others, I've never talked to her before. Sure, I've seen her around and literally everyone knows that she's seeing a shrink, but I'v never actually gotten the chance to talk to her.

Finally, our principal, Richard Vernon waltzes in and observes us for a couple seconds.

"Well, well, well, here we are." He says in a smooth voice. "I'd like to congratulate you all on being on time."

"Excuse me, sir?" I hear coming from Claire.

I turn my attention from him to her to see what she's going to say.

"I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but um...I don't think I belong in here." She says causing me to roll my eyes and turn my attention back to Vernon.

I don't think I belong here too princess, but I did something wrong just like the rest of us here.

"It is now, 7:06." Vernon says looking at his watch and completely ignoring Claire.

If it were a different situation I was in, I would've laughed.

"You have exactly eight hours and 54 minutes to think about why you're here to ponder the error of your ways," he begins as I hear John spit a loogie in the air causing me to chuckle. "You may not talk." Vernon says pointing at Claire. "You will not move from these seats." He continues, making his way to Bender. "And you," he finishes off removing the chair from Bender's legs. "Will not sleep."

I sigh and begin to fiddle with the ends of my hair already bored.

"Alright people, we're going to try something a little different. We are going to write an essay, no less than 1000 words. Describing to me who it is exactly you think you are." Vernon says passing a piece of paper around to everyone. "And when I say an essay on who you are, I don't mean a single word written 1000 times, I mean an essay. Is that clear Mr. Bender?"

"Crystal." I hear his voice say uninterested.

"Good! If you learn a little something about yourself, maybe you'll decide whether or not you care to return." Vernon continues.

I put my head down hoping that he'll finish up soon.

"Uh, I can answer that question right now sir, the answer is no. It's a no from me." I hear Brian's voice say from behind me.

I chuckle a bit at the boy's innocence.

"Shut it peewee." Vernon then says to him causing me to clamp a hand over my mouth to prevent me from laughing. "Now I'm going to be right across that hall so I don't want to hear any funny business. Any questions?"

"Yeah I have a question." I hear Bender's voice from behind me. I turn my attention to him to see his hand still in the air. "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

My head shot towards Vernon again with my eyes wide and my mouth a gap. "You'll get the answer to that question next Saturday Mr Bender." He tells him calmly. "Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns."

Christ, the way this man speaks irritates me to high heaven.

Vernon then walks out of the library and into his office, leaving us while washing the library over with a blanket of silence.

I'm not expecting anything exciting to happen today. It's detention, nothing exciting ever happens. I'm hoping that the princess and the jock don't pay me much attention and I pray that I'll be able to avoid awkward small talk with Brian here. As for Bender, although I would enjoy speaking to him today, I just hope that my clumsy ass self doesn't make a fool of myself in front of him.

Unlike the princess, I truly am not supposed to be here. At least with my now new stereotype which shattered my last one within seconds thanks to Vernon publicly humiliating me by giving me a detention. I just hope that this Saturday flies by fast.

A/N:

And that, my lovely readers, was the first chapter of my new story, Lucy in the Sky! I know that I released this story longer than I originally said I would, but my mental health and things in my personal life haven't been great at all lately. However, I recently reconnected with some old friends lately and I'm doing a lot better so I'm hoping to start updating more :).

As for the story, I tried to give you a bit about what Lucy's like without giving too much away. Obviously, you'll learn what she's in detention for soon and what her old stereotype is eventually but I want to try to drag it out.

Anyway, I hope you guys are liking the story and I'll see you all for the next update!

Adio for now my lovelies!

~Lucille💕