Chapter 3

It was silent for a couple seconds.  A couple seconds for which I was able to draw in peace.  Until Bender broke it once again.  

"What do you say we close that door," he says as more of a statement rather than a question.  "We can't have any real kind of party with Vernon checking in on us every few seconds."

"The door's really supposed to stay open," Brian says, as if that would change Bender's mind on it.

"So what?"

"So what about you shut up?"  Andy says almost immediately after Bender speaks.  Seems like Andy had that one locked and loaded.  "There's four other people in here,"

"Oh you can count!"  I interject.  "I knew you had to be smart to be...a wrestler!"  I say to Andy as he gives me a death stare, only to receive a wink in return.

"Who the hell are you to judge anybody?"  Andy says in an aggravated tone.

I don't know if he's talking about me or Bender.

"Really!"  Claire chimes in.  I guess she was feeling left out of this exhilarating conversation.

"You know Bender, you don't even count."  Andy starts.  "I bet if you just disappear forever, it wouldn't make any difference.  You may as well not even exist at this school."

Well shit, that was harsh.  Based off the look on Bender's face, those words stung.  Much like a wasp, who's stinger got stuck and embedded in your skin which you can't pick out.

"Well, I'll just run right out and join the wrestling team."  A second after Bender said that statement, Andy and Claire looked at each other and began to laugh.  Pricks.  "Maybe even the prep club too.  Student council!"  Bender continues in a tone where in grade 9 when he was fresh at this school, he may have actually considered it.  He then turns his attention towards me.  "What about you sweets?  Do you want to join the prep club with me?"

"Absofuckinglutely I do," I tell him, earning a smirk.

It was a second before Andy decides to open his mouth again.  "No...no, they wouldn't take you."  He says, still chuckling to himself.

"I'm hurting'," Bender replies nonchalantly.

"You know why guys like you knock everything?"  Claire pipes up.  "And guys like you too wasteoid."  She says, turning around to face me.

Wasteoid!  That's a new one!

"Oh this should be stunning," I say to both myself and everyone around me.

"It's because you're afraid."  Claire says with such confidence, causing me to laugh out loud.

"God!  You richies are so smart!  That's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities!"  Bender says, as I get up from my chair, to move over on the banister that Bender was sitting on.

"You're a big coward."  Claire drones on in a trance, probably not hearing what Bender says.

"I'm in the math club!"  I hear Brian say piping up, wanting to be apart of our conversation too.

I looked at the boy as if he were a teddy bear.  

"So, you're afraid that they won't take you, that you won't belong!  So you have to dump all over it."  My god, based off her tone, she sounds like she just cracked the code of all crackheads. 

"Well!"  I chime in now.  "It wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being assholes now would it?"  

Activities people really do think they're the shit and are soooo entitled at this school.